27

"Next up are the causalities," Ijichi reported. We were held in a meeting after the previous events.

"Three second-grade sorcerers, one semi-first grade sorcerer, five assistant supervisors, and two cursed storehouse guards. They're all sorcerers who were standing by at Jujutsu High and working separately from Gojo-san, and Principal Yaga. We're waiting on a report from Ieiri-san, but we are almost certain it was the work of a cursed spirit that Nanami-san and Y/n-san encountered before," Ijichi said, reading from the paper in his hand.

"Tsk," Gojo said. I looked over to him.

"Do you think we should share this information with the students and the other sorcerers?" Utahime asked.

"No," Gakuganji said. 

"Why not?" I asked.

"It's probably better to keep this among the higher-ups," Yaga said, "We don't want to give curse users certainty that special-grade objects were stolen."

"Has the curse user we captured said anything?" Yaga asked.

"Eh, most of what he said was nonsense and irrelevant..." Ijichi said, scratching his hair with his pen, "however, he did say he only participated because of a deal." 

Ijichi then explained what the curse user had said.

"An androgynous monk kid with a bob cut?" Mei asked, she looked over to Gojo and asked, "Does that ring any bells?"

"Nope," Gojo said. 

"Are we sure he's not just spouting bullshit," I sighed. 

"Yeah, is there any sorcerers skilled at getting confessions?" Gojo asked.

"How did they get through Tengen-sama's barrier in the first place though," Utahime asked.

"That's probably the work of the special grade the students fought, it can hide among plants, and Tengen-sama's barrier doesn't function toward plants," Gojo explained.

The room fell silent after that.

"For now, let's be glad that our students are safe," Utahime said.

"But it goes without saying that the exchange event is now canceled," Yaga said.

"Hold on," Gojo interrupted, "That's not up to us, is it?"

"Huh?" Everyone turned towards Gojo.

.

"What're you saying?!" someone shouted, "We've been so close since middle school, brother!"

"I didn't go to your middle school!" another person shouted.

I walked out the building to hear people shouting on the rooftops. I sweat dropped, that sounded like Yuji and Todo...

...

"So, anyway, a lot of things happened and some people died," Gojo said, "but do you guys want to continue the event?"

"Obviously, we're continuing it," Todo spoke up.

"Your reasons?" Gojo asked.

"First, only those with a connection to the dead have a right to mourn them. If people have died, that's all the more reason to become stronger. And, when a student feels like they weren't able ot bring out their best, it hangs over them until they die," Todo said.

"I'm fine with that," Megumi said. 

"We'll win anyway," Nobara added.

"No objections here," Panda said.

"Shake."

"Will we draw lots for the individual battle pair-ups?" Maki asked.

"Huh?" Gojo said, "There are no individual battles this year."

"I hate routines you know," Gojo said, then he tossed a box to Yuji and he began picking out a paper.

Yuji stared at the paper and blinked blankly. 

"Baseball?!" Yaga exclaimed. Baseball?

I looked over to Gojo, he was walking out the room already. I rolled my eyes.

"Get back here, Satoru!" Yaga shouted.

I chuckled. 

...