Chapter 3: Redemption

I woke up to see a man with red eyes staring at me. Behind him, I saw 3 maids standing with a beautiful lady wearing elegant clothes. She looked like she had just stopped crying.

Before I could ask something, he gave me a glass having some red coloured liquid, asking me to drink it.

"What is this?" I asked the man

"It is a potion that will restore your memories" replied the man as I gulped down the liquid.

Suddenly all the memories of Eleanor came rushing back. Thankfully I still remembered my life as Siri but this was getting to much to handle.

"I believe My lady has regained her memories and is a bit overwhelmed. It is better we leave her for sometime." he said as he left the room.

The lady, Eleanor's mother, or shall I say my mother, hugged me and then left the room with my maids except one.

She was the same maid I had talked to before. Her name was Melissa and as per my knowledge of the novel's ending, she was also executed because of her loyalty to Eleanor till the very end. But Eleanor had never treated her nicely, in fact she hit her to release anger.

"Does Miss remember everything now?" asked Melissa with concern visible in her tone.

"Yes" I answered

"I remember everything now. I also remember how I mistreat you everyday, yet you show so much concern to me. I am extremely sorry for that." I apologised.

"Miss does not need to apologise!" exclaimed the maid

"It is my duty to serve the best interests of Miss, Miss did not do wrong for punishing me for my mistakes."

"No Melissa, what I did was not right. It appears as though this near death experience has shown me the importance of those who care about me and how wrong I had been. And I promise you that I will improve my attitude towards you and everyone."

Melissa was speechless. She would have never imagined for a bratty spoiled girl like Eleanor to apologize. Of course the original Eleanor would have never done that, but I am not the original Eleanor.

"Oh Miss is such an angel. I will always protect Miss from anyone who tries to harm her!" said Mellisa with determination visible in her eyes.

"Melissa, can I call you Milli?" I asked her, trying to strengthen my bond with her.

"Of Course!! I can't believe Miss has given me such a beautiful nickname" she exclaimed as I chuckled at her innocence. 

Then I politely asked her to leave telling her that I needed to reflect upon my other actions. 

Of course I was not going to do that, I was just going to review my knowledge of the story so that I could prevent my execution at the end.