Chapter 13 : The Awakening Ceremony

"So, Nora, are you nervous?" asked Alex

"Why should I be nervous, Brother?" I replied nonchalantly

"Well you are going to awaken your magic!" he says, "even though it might not be as good as me but if it turns out to be weak rest assured little sister, I will always be there to protect you!" he finished in a teasing tone as he smirked.

Did I forget to mention he never stopped boasting about his magic and attending the academy since last year? Only if he knew that I have already awakened my magic, ugh!

"Thank you brother. And don't you worry about protecting me. Though if I turn out to be more powerful then I will make sure to always protect you!" I replied with a smirk as his smile faltered

"Enough you two!" said mother in a commanding tone

"Nora dear, I wish you best of luck for your awakening. I am sure you will make us proud today." she said with a smile.

"We are getting late so stop with the nonsense talk" said the Duke to the three of us as we took our place in the carriage. Also, did I mention that I am wearing the beautiful dress that the Duke gave me?! I never knew he had a good taste!

Mother and the Duke sat in the first carriage whereas me and Alex sat in the second one. Poor mother, she will get bored after sitting with him.

"Well at least she will travel in peace or else she would have suffered like me the whole ride listening to you and Alexander fighting." said Orion as I glared at him.

And let's just say me and Alexander did start fighting about who will have better magic till the end of the ride..

"We have reached" the coachman said after some time, probably irritated after listening to our fight all the way.

I stepped out of the carriage with proper manners and Alexander helped me out by supporting my hand. The temple was so beautiful.

The last time I saw it was when we went to Alex's awakening but this felt more real now.

All the parents and children were gathered in front of the statue of the 5th Saintess which was placed at the center with a seat below it. Thousands of candles were placed around it and Priests were chanting prayers. It was such a peaceful site.

After sometime the ceremony began and names started being called.

"Cain Wulfric"

"He awakened Water magic and Sight magic"

"Soliel Argent"

"Plant growth acceleration"

After some names:

"Aldrin Lunaria, the Second prince" the head Priest called

Nearly all the candles lit as soon as he sat on the seat under the statue.

"Dark Magic, Water Magic and Telekinesis, the second prince is a tri-user" the crowd cheers.

Actually tri-users are kind of rare. But not that rare in the royal family. I myself was shocked when I awakened three types of magic. But to think the second prince is so powerful, why did I not remember this?

"Adrianna Chandelling"

"Telepathy"

"Oliver Red"

"Illusion Magic"

"Astria Seymour"

Here comes the heroine of the novel. She is so beautiful! She has crystal blue eyes, and light pink hair. She is wearing a simple white dress but is looking like an angel! As she sits hundreds of the candles lit with a golden color, the Priest looks shocked.

"Miss Astria has awakened Light Magic" he cries as the whole crowd gasps and looks shocked

Of course they will be shocked, a commoner just awakened a magic that was last used by a Saintess.

"Eleanor Stanford" the priest then calls, it's my turn

I sit there as all the candles start lighting in three different colors, electric blue, pale green and sky blue. The Priest looks shocked, again as all the candles are lit. It is normally not usual for all the candles to light. It happened with the second prince, and also with the crown prince last year but they have royal blood in them so it isn't that shocking.

"Lady Eleanor has awakened teleportation, forcefield and Ice magic!" the Priest shouts

"Lady Eleanor is a tri-user!!" the crowd gasps again as Orion looks at me nonchalantly as if trying to mock me.

I look at my family to see the Duke looking shocked, Mother with tears in her eyes and Alexander looking proud but pretending to be hurt at the same time.

I also see the royal family looking at me, I see Lucifer but quickly turn my eyes to Astria who is looking as if I murdered her cat, but she doesn't have a cat.

Huh? Why is the heroine staring at me like that? Is it because I have ice magic? But it feels like there is something wrong with her.

Let's just ignore it and mock Alex.

I walk back to my family as everyone makes way for me.

"Oh my dear Nora! We are so proud of you!" mother says as the Duke just says "Good work" to me. The first complement he ever gave me.

"Alex! Now we know who will be more powerful! I will protect you" I say as I tease him

"Hey, it depends on your stamina and practice! I will be the one protecting you" he says slightly irritated

"But, I am proud of you" He slowly mutters as I hug him.

After the ceremony finishes, my family greets the royal family congratulating them for Aldrin's awakening. They also congratulate me and my family for my awakening but when they ask their sons to do the same, Lucifer just stares at me coldly and his brother smirks at me? Seriously? What is wrong with them! I just slowly congratulate Aldrin and we leave without me having any conversation with him.