Chapter 14 : Astria Seymour

It has been a week since the ceremony and met Lucifer, and I will be attending the magic academy this year which he also attends.

Also, Astria's mother, Rienne, has recovered, which means she will not be joining this family. Right now, I am having lunch with my family, and the Duke has gone for some business and will return later at night so it is very peaceful.

BANG!

We hear a large noise and someone barges into the hall. Well, the peace ended huh?

"Where is Charles?" shouts Reinne as she enters with Astria

Wait, why is she calling the Duke with his first name! Only mother calls him like that!

"What is all this commotion?" my mother asks, trying her best to be polite.

"Do not talk to me and my daughter like that!" she shouts at my mother. 

Her audacity to shout at my mother like that!

"And you do not have the right to talk to my mother, the duchess like this!" shouts Alexander and let's just say I have never seen him angrier.

"You are just a mere servant! How dare YOU talk to her like that!" he shouts more as I just stay there providing some support to my mother.

"I am the mother of the future heiress of this house! I can talk however I wish! As for your mother I am sure Charles will just depose her of her title when he finds out Astria is his daughter!"

"What?" my mother says astonished

"What nonsense are you speaking! And how dare you insult the Duchess! You will be severely punished for this!" Alex shouts looking murderous

"How dare you speak to me like that, you spoiled brat! Your father never loved your mother in the first place, that's why he cheated on her! I am his real love and Astria is his daughter! You better behave because it won't end well for you and your mother if Charles finds out about this!"

Wait, that's where my mind starts connecting the dots, I look at Astria who is looking like she is going to cry holding her mother's hand.

Astria has crystal blue eyes! That trait only belongs to the Stanford family. No one else except the people having Stanford blood have crystal blue eyes!

Astria's mother dying

The Duke adopting her when he could have just left her

The Duke giving her the 'Stanford' name

The Duke siding with Astria whenever he could

The Duke being proud of her

The Duke ignoring mother and me

The Duke loving Astria

It all makes sense now, the Duke had cheated on mother, and when Rienne died he must have found out Astria was his daughter after seeing her eyes. He would keep her close and adopt her, loving her more than he loved his family, because she was the last memory of Rienne, his former love. But I can't believe the Author did not mention this in the novel, maybe she must have left it for the readers to figure out.

Suddenly, Mellisa chimed in between along with some other maids.

"How dare you disrespect the Duchess, Young Master and Miss! Even after they lend you their healer for your recovery! Is this how you pay back Lady Eleanor's kindness?"

"Lady Eleanor? Ha she is just a spoiled rich child who has no kindness for anyone! Don't you remember her bratty attitude? I recovered only because Charles allowed her to ask the healer to help me. It was because he cares for me! Eleanor is nothing compared to my Astria who has light magic! It was last used by the 5th saintess! Eleanor is just a stupid child who is neglected by the Duke!" she spats

She is crossing her line, huh?!