N I N E T E E N

We sat there in awkward silence for what felt like ages, but was actually less than a minute.

My parents stared at each other, then at us, then at each other, exchanging different gazes.

Suddenly, both of my parents burst out laughing hysterically.

"What?" I stammered. "We're serious."

My parents started laughing even harder when I said that.

"Um, I don't get it." Renee chuckled. "What's so funny?"

My mom wiped a tear of laughter from her eye as she stifled her laughter.

"Girls, we know." My mom giggled. "We've known for a while."

"We were just wondering how long it would take you two to tell us." My dad added, finally getting his laughter under control.

"Well I mean it hasn't been all that long yet." I shrugged.

"Parker, Renee." My mom smirked. "We've been betting on when you two girls would start dating for years."

"Since Parker was in middle school, to be exact." My dad said with a chuckle.

"No you weren't." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, we were." My dad chuckled. "Your brother was in on it, too. In fact his bet was that it would be right about now."

"Really?" Renee giggled.

This was the first time since Cameron's death that we were able to bring him up in the conversation without one of us getting upset.

"He said it would happen when you were 21, sweetheart." My mom smiled. "We told him he was crazy, but it looks like he was spot on."

I smiled. Never once when Cameron was alive did he tell me he was secretly shipping Renee and I with each other. After he passed, though, I heard constantly about how badly he wanted us to be together. Something about his desire for our relationship to happen just made me happy.

"You guys really knew?" I questioned.

"Well we always knew it would happen eventually." My mom said. "And then when it was all over the news we knew it must be true."

"Then when that interview aired and we heard Parker yell from the audience about the baguettes song, we knew it was serious." My dad added.

"Hopefully you got her back good for that, Renee." My mom said with a smirk on her face as she winked at Renee.

"Oh don't worry Mrs. A, I did." Renee grinned, glancing over at me.

I kicked Renee under the table as I blushed a deep shade of red.

"So," Renee paused, "You guys are okay with this?"

"We've been okay with it for years, bug." My dad told Renee with a small chuckle. "Of course we're okay with it."

"But no sex in the house, girls." My mom said with a smirk on her face.

"Mom." I whined, embarrassed.

"It had to be said." My mom shrugged. "Oh and sweetie, if you thought that makeup was covering up the cute little love bite on your neck, you were mistaken."

"And Renee," My dad scoffed, "You can do better than that tiny little hickey, can't you? I mean come on."

"Noted, Mr. A." Renee answered with a smirk.

"Oh my god." I groaned, planting my forehead on the table as I blushed with embarrassment. "I hate you both."

In spite of the teasing from my parents, the rest of dinner went by so smoothly. I was pleasantly surprised with how well they had taken the news about Renee and I.