Chapter 24

On the 31st floor of the Shanghai Jiali Hotel, there was a restaurant that was the first in China to introduce the concept of high-altitude afternoon tea. Sitting by the huge floor-to-ceiling windows, one could overlook the bustling CBD with towering skyscrapers.

Yu Niannian was a frequent visitor to this restaurant, always ordering a table full of desserts and posting about it on her moments.

After replying to a comment, she looked up and said to the person opposite, "Zheng Yizhou, you owe me an explanation. Don't tell me this was just a coincidence today."

She had just come out shopping with Ming Si in the morning, and as soon as they left the shopping mall, they bumped into Zheng Yizhou walking towards them. He was dressed up quite fashionably today, with carefully combed hair, a gray checkered suit, and even a pair of thin gold-rimmed glasses.

To say it was a coincidence, only a fool would believe it.

"Can't I just get to know your friend?" Facing his good friend, Zheng Yizhou didn't put on so much pretense. He propped his face with one hand and looked at her, not hiding his interest in Ming Si, "Didn't you agree to have afternoon tea with me?"

"Who said I agreed to that?" Yu Niannian knew her high school friend too well, so she rolled her eyes, "I agreed to have afternoon tea with you just to tell you something."

"About Miss Ming?"

"Yes, she's already married, so you can give up on her."

Zheng Yizhou didn't believe it, "Are you tricking me?"

Yu Niannian glanced behind her and leaned closer to him, "Tsk, who's tricking you? Her husband is the Crown Prince of Jinghong, Liang Xian."

"Jinghong?" Zheng Yizhou's face stiffened slightly.

"Surprised?" Yu Niannian was quite satisfied with his reaction, "And she's also the only daughter of the Ming Group, Ming Zhengyuan's daughter."

She relayed the information she heard from her aunt to Zheng Yizhou, hoping he would back off. However, he didn't seem surprised at all and instead had a kind of expression...that was hard to read.

Zheng Yizhou adjusted his glasses with his hand, and his gaze was somewhat unclear behind the lenses, "So, it's her."

He should have noticed it long ago. Ming was not a common surname.

"What?" His voice was so light it sounded like a murmur, and Yu Niannian didn't hear it.

"Nothing," Zheng Yizhou returned to his usual appearance and smiled, "I mean, it's a pity."

When Ming Si finished the call and came back, Yu Niannian kept using her eyes to urge Zheng Yizhou to leave quickly. He didn't linger any longer and excused himself, saying he had something to attend to in the company.

"Sorry, Sister," after he left, Yu Niannian apologized to Ming Si, "My friend tends to be too forward with people. I've already told him that he shouldn't accompany us anymore."

She wasn't blind; how could she not see that Ming Si didn't have a good impression of him.

Ming Si smoothed her dress, "It's okay."

During this hour, Zheng Yizhou had intentionally or unintentionally made advances, but in her eyes, he was no different from the air.

At 7 o'clock in the evening, Shanghai International Convention Center.

This D Jewelry Exhibition had a total of seven exhibition halls. The first five halls mainly showcased cultural relics and classic artworks. Passing through the emerald and gold corridor, the sixth hall displayed rings, watches, and necklaces that matched the theme Spirit. In the last hall, there were qipaos and costumes inspired by the brand's symbol——the snake.