Chapter 49

This situation ultimately ended with Ming Si begging for mercy.

"Stop... stop... My stomach hurts so much..." She clutched her abdomen with both hands, curling up and nearly sliding off the bed.

Liang Xian's reaction was quick. He swiftly lifted her up and sat her on the edge of the bed, "What's wrong?"

"My stomach hurts," the sharp pain in her belly suddenly intensified. Ming Si frowned, her voice trembling with pain. After a moment, she said, "I think... it's that time of the month."

Liang Xian's gaze fell to her lower abdomen. He placed his hand over it and asked softly, "Is it this painful every time?"

Ming Si shook her head, "It's probably because I caught a cold in Venice."

The weather had been consistently damp and cold during those days. And she had even bought an ice cream while shopping.

"I'll go... take a look," she stood up from the bed, her gaze quickly scanning the bedsheets. After confirming that they were clean and unstained, she let out a sigh of relief.

Actually, considering the timing, she wasn't too surprised to discover it was her menstrual cycle.

She returned with a sanitary pad, tiptoed in her slippers, and slowly climbed back onto the bed. She nestled weakly in Liang Xian's arms.

Liang Xian had one arm around her and kissed the tip of her nose, "Still hurting?"

"En, yes," Ming Si tilted her head back and said, "Rub my stomach."

Liang Xian placed his left hand over her lower abdomen and applied a gentle pressure, "Like this?"

Through the fabric, she could feel the warmth of his touch. Ming Si leaned against his shoulder and closed her eyes like a cat.

After a day of running around, she was already physically drained. Plus, she was feeling too lazy to move, and within a few minutes, she had fallen asleep.

Liang Xian continued to gently rub her stomach until he felt her breathing become even and steady. Only then did he stop.

He took a pillow and placed it behind her, then leaned over and carried her to lie down.

As soon as Ming Si touched the bed, she naturally shifted closer to him, wrapping her arms around him.

"Ming Si?" Liang Xian called softly.

She didn't answer but continued to hold onto him in a somewhat coquettish manner.

A slight smile tugged at the corners of Liang Xian's lips, his gaze softening imperceptibly.

He lay down beside her and reached around from behind to wrap his arm around her waist. He adjusted their positions slightly, enveloping her in his embrace. One hand rested on her lower abdomen, transmitting the warmth of his palm.

The discomfort and tension in her stomach were quickly soothed by the gentle warmth. Ming Si's furrowed brows gradually relaxed.

In her semi-conscious state, she knew it was because Liang Xian was holding her. So, fighting against her drowsiness, she turned over and pressed her lips to his chin.

And then she drifted into a deep sleep.

Just like a docile cat extending its tail to show affection.

Ming Si had initially thought that since the night was long and full of dreams, even if her stomach hurt, she would go and sign the contract if the store was suitable.

But Liang Xian didn't agree.

"You don't love me anymore, you're restricting my personal freedom," Ming Si followed Liang Xian out of the private elevator, piling one accusation upon another as she berated him, "Liang Xian, you've changed!"