Chapter 61

When Ming Si and Liang Xian walked over with Bai Yuling, Ke Lijie's face was filled with confusion. He thought that even if it was a caught-in-the-act scene, given Ming Si's character, she should have pinned the person to the ground and rubbed her on the spot. Why did they bring her over together instead?

It wasn't until Bai Yuling introduced herself as Liang Xian's cousin that everything made sense.

This group of people wasn't exclusive in nature and those who could join them weren't considered outsiders. So, everyone gathered and played several rounds of tabletop drinking games before transitioning to playing mahjong.

All throughout, Ming Si was dedicated to maintaining her elegant sister-in-law persona, attempting to erase the impression she left on the young cousin during their first meeting.

Originally, she just wanted to casually assert her dominance, giving off that feeling of nobility, elegance, and disdain for all.

But as luck would have it, the previous night, Lin Xijia had sent her a funny segment from a Weibo post. It was about a girlfriend being extremely theatrical, dramatically yelling, Brother-in-law, don't be like this! in the middle of the street, leaving passersby staring in amazement.

She chuckled at it.

Subconsciously, influenced by that video, when she finally caught up with Liang Xian earlier, a clever thought struck her. She spontaneously performed a scene right there.

She hadn't anticipated that she would get herself trapped in her own act.

When Bai Yuling wore a shocked expression and gave Liang Xian a thumbs-up, Ming Si realized something was amiss. The coquettish smile at the corner of her lips slightly froze.

Then Liang Xian embraced her waist, leaned closer, and whispered, "This is my cousin."

Ming Si: "!!"

When the realization hit her, she felt utterly embarrassed, gently tapping her head against the backrest of the chair.

...It was unbelievably embarrassing, to the point of making her toes curl.

Bai Yuling had come with her friends and, after a few rounds of mahjong, got up to bid farewell.

She hadn't been in close contact with Liang Xian for years. Their relationship as cousins wasn't particularly intimate. Yet, being close in age and relatives, even after a long separation, they didn't find themselves strangers with nothing to say.

"My mom went to the island a few days ago and suddenly mentioned you when she came back. My dad just recently got a mansion ready to be turned into a wine cellar. The scenery is fantastic. If you have time, bring sister-in-law over to play," before parting, Bai Yuling even winked at Ming Si, "Sister-in-law has a lovely personality!"

Ming Si: "..."

Although she had spent most of the night redeeming herself, she still felt that her performance might have left a deep impression on this cousin.

...And added a black mark to her life story.

Liang Xian chuckled softly.

Ming Si knew what he was laughing about. She gritted her teeth quietly, holding onto his arm. While maintaining an elegant and polite smile on the surface, she waved to Bai Yuling, but in reality, she was pinching him discreetly.

He was still laughing!

Shouldn't he have introduced her sooner?

She was truly annoyed!

Dog Liang Xian! Truly living up to his reputation!

A cliffside hotel had been built at the seaside villa, where everyone stayed for the night.