seven

They've arrived at the Safe Haven.

They got Minho back. They lost Teresa, but Gally never really knew her anyways. It's still just one person he's grieving for.

But Newt has helped, indeed.

And he has tried to be nicer to the others. That's what she would've wanted him to do.

The other day, with his heart aching and tears falling, he carved her and Ben and Josephine on the big stone.

Grief always stays, like Newt said. But he accepts it. That she's dead. That he'll never love anyone more than he loves her. Still does, just as much.

But he'll try to live a greater life than the one he had at Lawrence. With friends, laughs, bonfires, and deep inside of him, her laughing with him.

A few days ago, he also opened the notebook for the first time. It's a bit damaged because one time, during some kind of breakdown, he threw it in a fire. Then he regretted it and pulled it back out, leaving scars on his fingers.

And that was when reason she didn't want him to open it before they escaped fell out.

For my Gally,

So that together we can cry and laugh about my poems when we escape the maze.
So we can live together, always.

And a house like we talked about,
With our love an uncountable amount.

I love you, Gally.

- Your Ginger