Prologue

WARNING (again)

English is NOT my first language.

Besides that, have fun :)
-

"Her name's Autumn Burton." Laswell read from the file in her hands. The CIA supervisor for the Special Activities Division walked through the office of Captain John Price, who sat in his chair. He could tell only from her stance that she was tense or even uneasy. But Price knew better than to interrupt Laswell. His eyes darted at her.

"She's 24 years old, born and raised in England. Joined the military after graduating at 17." Laswell took a deep breath before continuing - so far, so good, Price thought. Outside his office, he could hear some soldiers walking by.

Maybe Autumn was a bit young for the Unit, but she must be skilled if Laswell suggests her. "Autumn - I forgot to mention that her callsign is Breakpoint - is highly trained as an interrogation specialist. Besides that, she is also a skilled strategy advisor. Her previous Captain writes that she can think 'out of the box' and 'never fails to surprise in difficult decisions'."

Her qualities are respectable, that's for sure. Price nodded to himself. "Get to the point, Laswell. Why is she without a Unit at the moment?" He asked. No soldier was in disciplinary proceedings without a reason. For that, she must've done something serious. Maybe drugs, maybe some conflicts within the Unit or even something else.

Again, Laswell sighed. But this time, it was tense, like her stance over the whole time. She slides the open file to Price while starting to explain. "Autumn was drinking with her Unit one year ago after a successful mission. The file doesn't say much about what happened, but what I can tell is that Autumn killed one of her comrades after another of hers, Hailey Morrows, died that night."

Price looked carefully through the file. Anything was necessary - even just the slightest hint of information.

"Laswell." Price's tone was a warning. He needed the whole story. Not only for his interest but killing a comrade is to be punished way harder than being in a disciplinary proceeding. So, something in this whole story makes no sense. Laswell opened her mouth to explain.