Chapter 8

I knew that Ghost liked to separate work from his private life. That's why he mostly wears his mask. But Colonel König? He seemed like no such a guy to do so to separate that. So why the sniper hood?

Maybe I was crossing the line. Probably, I was crossing the line. But I couldn't lose. Not to Colonel König. Not when his touch makes me not feel miserable, but beyond...good. Light and warm, and all the things I didn't want to feel.

So, instead of attacking, I prepared to pull his sniper hood off. After several seconds of dodged attacks, I grabbed the fabric of his sniper hood. What I didn't prepare for was that his eyes widened for a second before he grabbed my wrist with an amount of strength I didn't expect.

He could easily break it, but I got smashed on the ground instead. One headphone fell out of my ear on the ground next to me, and I could hear myself groaning in pain as his foot pressed against my chest.

I looked up with anger in my eyes and my hands on his foot, trying to lift it. It was useless. He leaned down, putting more pressure on my chest. I refused to cough. I felt a stabbing pain where his foot was. "You little piece of-" He interrupted me within a second. "You won't like what happens when you do that. Versuche es nicht noch einmal. (Don't try that again.)" His voice was dark.

It's not deep, angry, or anything - it's dark, like a threat to my life. It sends cold shivers down my spine. "Get off of me!" I hissed, not wanting that feeling to fill me up and not wanting to lose my control. For a moment, his eyes meeting mine, he hesitated. Now, that blue of his eyes started to drown me like a deadly wave while I desperately tried to keep my head over the surface.

Then, the pressure on my chest lightened. Colonel König stepped away, turned around and walked off. At that exact moment, I sat up and narrowed my eyebrows. Watching him leave, I stopped coughing and brushed off the dust from my shirt. What are you hiding under that sniper hood of yours, König?

I looked away and met Soap's gaze. He stood next to Ghost and Gaz. With a moment of hesitation, the Scot walked up to me, and without any signs of his usual dirty smile, he held his hand. I sighed with frustration as I let him help me up. "Are you okay, lass? "he asked. "I'm fine, "I answered, taking a step back.

"I think I'm training alone for the rest of the day if that's okay." It wasn't a question but a fact, nicely put into words. "But—"Soap was quickly interrupted by the sharp voice from Gaz. "Let's get some tea and soap. Ghost. "They walked out of the training hall without a look back—all except for Ghost, who looked over his shoulder at me for a moment before finally leaving.

With a look around me, I made sure that I was alone before I put a hand on my chest. I still could feel the pressure of König's foot on it. And the stabbing pain. It felt like a tendon torn. But I could breathe normally. So I swallowed the pain and started to move.

„Fuck!" I cursed out loud as I jumped back and trembled in response to the stabbing pain as I tried to do a pull-up. My chest hurt, and I clenched my teeth. I needed to go to the medic. I had no other choice. „Bloody hell." I cursed, my voice quieter than the first time.