Chapter~29

Like
.
.
.

Comment
.
.
.

Enjoy <33
.
.
.

Author's POV:

Angelo was disturbed. His mind kept being interrupted with the blood-filled image etched in his memory. All his attempts to erase the maniacal smile of his sister almost killing someone were useless.

She laughed. That was the most unsettling of all. Instead of being docile, Vanessa enjoyed the sensation of blood being marred on her face. The thought itself was alarming, Angelo believed.  

"There is something wrong with her, I am telling you all." Angelo exclaimed, trying to make others see through his words what he experienced. What he failed to comprehend is seeing and listening are two different things. 

"So what? Never heard you say, 'Forgive me father, for I have sinned' to a pastor after disposing dead bodies." Vince didn't care. In his eyes, no one in this family was as pure as a saint. Everyone's hands were tainted with ugly blood. He could care less if that included his sister.

"It is different for us, and you know it." Angelo was annoyed, no one was keen to understand him, or even feign interest to his words. 

"Why? Please enlighten all of us. I think I know. You have been unacceptable of her presence since she has been back. Do you see this as an opportunity to get rid of her? Newsflash brother, my sister is fucking staying." Lorenzo snapped, developing a headache with Angelo's constant whining. Lorenzo knew it was difficult to accept the change, but he was glad to have his sister back. Why Angelo was being a bitch about it was beyond his perception.

"Don't put words in my mouth, Enzo. That is not what I mean, and you better watch your fucking mouth or else..." Why is everyone against hearing me? I am also her brother, aren't I? I also have right to talk about her wrongs, then why is everyone shutting me up? The thought invaded Angelo's mind.

"I will let your threat slip this time. But God forbid if you threaten me again, I will not hold back as your brother, and you will regret uttering those words." 

Armano just looked at his twin and elder brother argue. This wasn't the first time their argument got heated, nor will it be the last. But for the first time, Armano had no interest to butt in and take a stand for his twin. Armano was furious at Angelo. Since what happened earlier, Angelo has been berating his sister. 

Armano wanted to know her side of story first. The same sister who was so compassionate towards a stray, stabbed a girl's throat with a pen. What was her reason? Why did she do it? He was waiting for the answers, but whether he will get them was only a hope he could latch on to.

Dante, on the other hand, was the only one trying to master the crest of her actions and behavior. Is her action of today linked to her past? What compelled her to make such a drastic move? He was going through all of her behavior since she arrived, yet he couldn't come with anything justifiable. 

Nicolo was the only one who didn't care about what she did or why she did. He just accepted her actions as deranged, but something he can't control. She is a Rossi, being cruel is in her blood like the rest of us. Specially after he saw who the victim was, he felt no empathy. 

It was the same girl who fails to learn the concept of no. He didn't tell anyone the length of her attempts. The girl had even threatened to sue him for sexual assault if he didn't agree to be her boyfriend and do as she wish. Unfortunately for the girl, Nico was no saint. He dug up information and found something to keep as a leverage over her head. The information he found was the reason why he didn't mind what happened to her.

It was her karma, he thought.

While everyone was busy with their own thoughts and interpretations, Vanessa had concocted a story to tell everyone. But Vanessa hated lying, so she decided to tell the truth. The truth that will only work in her favor, while she keeps the other secrets buried in her mind. If the milk is already spilled, the next thing we should do is clean it. And that's exactly what Vanessa intended to do.

"Can you tell everyone to come back?" She whispered to Nico, who nodded and immediately took out his phone to call everyone up. 

|~*~|

Vanessa's POV:

I am a fucking genius. 

'Sure, you are.'  The psycho mocked, souring my mood. That bloody wanker needs to learn the concept of not giving into emotions. I would despise myself for hurting an innocent person. I would have been beating myself up for what I did to that girl, but Nico must have somehow guessed about the guilt as he told me something to lighten my shame. 

The girl was bullying some guys in an extremely unethical way. I know stabbing someone for being a bully is unfair, but she let her brother loose. She became an accomplice to her brother's crime when she decided to turn a blind eye to the misery of middle school boys her brother was targeting. She knew her brother was forcing little boys and indulging in selling of minor pornography to earn money, yet she did nothing. What a piece of shit.

Thank fully, Nico helped those poor survivors to get free from the clutch of the monsters' hold on them. The girl bullied the same boys and threatened them to not file any complaint against her brother. 

I guess, the angels above accidentally got on my side. Phew.

My eyes take in the guy coming back inside the office, none taking a seat.

"Are you feeling better?" Armano's word almost made me chuckle. He should not be worried about someone like me. 

Instead of answering, I decided to get into the character of the story I am about narrate to them. Clasping my hands together, falsely making them shiver. My face contorted with worry, anxiety and guilt. 

"Do you want to drink a water?" Dante asked calmly, calculating my moves. I shook my head negatively, breathing out in attempt to 'calm' myself.

When I was satisfied with drawling, I decided to drop the bomb on them in the worst way possible. 

"I am mentally fucked up. I was in a mental hospital for two years because of this."

________________________________________

A/N:- Did you like the chapter?

Hopefully, you did!

ok, so I was having a writer's block! Like, I had no idea how to continue pr what to write, that's why it took me time to update...

Then, I was putting on my fav dark red lipstick, and an idea came into my mind. I LITERALLY DROPPED WHATEVER I WAS DOING AND WROTE!!!

SO, YAYYY!! And Sorry as well, hehe <3

Your opinions? Any thoughts or feedback?

Any theories?

Take care ❤️

Bye!

Love,
Ms_CornSalad❤️