Chapter~45

Like
.
.
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
.
.
Share/Follow
.
.
.
~ Constructive feedback is appreciated~
.
.
.
♦ Please don't be a silent reader,and at least leave a like to motivate me♦
.
.

Viktor's POV:

"What sins? I have done nothing wrong," I protested, my Russian accent thickening with the weight of my words. Vanessa stood before me, her stance unwavering as she aimed the gun in my direction.

Her furious stare bore into me, stripping away the layers of deception I had carefully constructed. I could feel the weight of her accusation pressing down on me, threatening to crush me beneath its unbearable burden.

"Don't play dumb, Viktor," she shot back, her voice cutting through the silence like a knife. "You know exactly what you've done."

I held her gaze, trying to maintain my composure despite the rising tide of anxiety within me. "I have done many things, darling," I replied, my tone dripping with sarcasm. "But I am genuinely curious, what grievance do you hold against me?"

Her eyes narrowed, her lips curling into a sneer and gaze piercing through the air like daggers. "Let's cut to the chase," she spat, her voice dripping with venomous disdain. "It's not about me. What did you do to her?"

"Her who?" I echoed, my voice dripping with mock innocence as I arched an eyebrow. "Oh, forgive me for not keeping track of all the women who have graced my presence in my 37 illustrious years. Could you perhaps be a tad more specific?"

I watched her closely, relishing in the opportunity to play this game of verbal sparring.  Of course I am aware who she is referring to, but why give her a straight answer when a bit of playful banter makes things so much more interesting?

"Don't play games where you might end up dead, Viktor. You know who I'm talking about," Vanessa's voice crackled with anger, her jaw clenched in frustration.

I leaned back, a smirk curling on my lips as I met her fiery gaze. "Ah, yes, dear Vanessa, always the charmer," I replied with mock sweetness, my tone dripping with sarcasm. "But you see, I'm not in the mood for guessing games today. How about you just spell it out for me?"

Her eyes flashed with irritation, but I could see the simmering rage beneath the surface. "Enough with the games, Viktor," she snapped, her voice tinged with impatience.

I chuckled, the thrill of taunting her coursing through my veins. "Oh, but where's the fun in that?" I countered, my smirk widening. "Let's keep dancing, shall we? It's not every day I get to play with fire."

"And as for your little pet project," I continued, my tone turning cold, "last time I checked, she's six feet under. So unless you've got a shovel handy, I suggest you drop the act."

"You know, Viktor, there's one thing that I despise the most - a liar," Vanessa's voice sliced through the air like a razor, her eyes narrowing into icy daggers. "A person who can't even be true with his words."

I leaned back in my chair, feigning indifference as I met her glare with a smirk. "Oh, spare me the moral lecture," I scoffed, a hint of amusement dancing in my eyes. "I'm sure you've got a whole playbook on how to deal with people like me, don't you?"

Her lips curled into a humorless sneer. "Believe me, Viktor, I know how to handle liars," she shot back, her tone laced with a chilling resolve.

I raised an eyebrow, a mocking grin spreading across my face. "Oh, I'm shaking in my boots," I taunted, the sarcasm thick in my voice. "Do enlighten me, Vanessa, how do you plan to teach me a lesson in honesty?"