Chapter 2

"You stupid bitch!" he shouts as he smacks me across the face, causing me to fall onto the ground

"You stupid bitch!" he shouts as he smacks me across the face, causing me to fall onto the ground. I wipe my hand across my mouth and once I look down I see blood covering my hand. He goes to kick me but I manage to move just in time, which he didn't like.

He then makes his way towards me again even more pissed than he was before. He grabbed me by my hair and lifted me off the floor so that I was now standing in front of him.

"You're going to fucking regret doing that."

I wake up gasping for air as I realized that it was all just a dream. He's not here and I'm not in London, I'm safe and perfectly fine. Although I am confused about how I got home, I don't really remember anything from last night. I know I went to work at the club like I do every night. I just can't recall anything that happened when I was there. All I do know is that I have a pounding headache right now, and I need to do something about it.

I slowly got out of bed and that's when I realized that I was still in my work clothes, which only made my confusion grow more. I don't bother changing right away because I need to wake Amelia up and have her eat breakfast. As I exit my room that's in my small two-bedroom apartment, I make my way across the hall to Amelia's room.

"Amelia?" I call my daughter's name softly as I enter her room, I make my way around all of the dolls that she has lying around her floor to her bed. She is still sound asleep which makes me smile at how cute she looked. She had her blonde hair up in two space buns which I am assuming Jenna had done before she put her to bed, and she was wearing her favorite set of Barbie pajamas. 

I look down at her and move her hair out of her face, which makes her slowly open her eyes. Her blue eyes locked on my green ones before a smile appeared on her face. My heart swells as I look at my beautiful daughter. I sometimes feel like a bad mother because I can't look her in the eyes because she looks so much like him. It has improved over the years, but when she was first born it was hard. I didn't love her any less because she looked like him, in fact, I love her more than anything in this world.

She was my world.

"Good morning Sunshine." I say as I kiss her on her head as she sits up to hug me.

"Good morning Mommy." Amelia was five years old, and she was a very sensitive child. She has separation anxiety from me and whenever I'm not around she tends to have small panic attacks. When Jenna had first started to babysit for me I remember having to leave my shifts early to come home and take care of Amelia before she got sent to a hospital. That was my biggest fear for two reasons, one no one ever wants to see their child in a hospital, and two I didn't want him finding us.

Leaving work early all the time was why I got fired from my last job at the diner, but luckily as time went on Amelia grew to like and trust Jenna so she feels content with her. There are still some rocky days but it has gotten better. I think her anxiety had formed because when she was little I refused to ever let her out of my sight, especially considering the circumstances we were in, are still in.