Synopsis

"Derek was a fool, my dear," Ophelia smiled at me in her sickly-sweet voice.

"He couldn't see what a gold-digger you were but I don't blame him, a small-town beautiful innocent girl personality you carried was something every other man would have fallen for. I bet even his father would have," she snared at me as I stood in my office clothes.

"You are nothing better than a good lay, a two-dollar fuck-"

"Shut up, Ophelia," The raging voice of Karson made me go still.

"Karson," she drawled out his name smiling at him as he came into the room barging in.

"Leave right this instance," Karson ordered Ophelia, Derek's mother but she stood there smiling in the office.

"Oh come on, Karson. I was just here to invite Leia to Derek's engagement party. I mean he dumped her but I think she really should meet Mrs. Derek Kingston, she is going to be her new boss after all," I wanted to rip that smile off her face and slap her but I controlled myself. I couldn't steep so low not when I had an image to maintain.

"Are you sure she is going to be her new boss," Karson asked with a glance towards me. A small smile played on his lips.

"Of course, who else could it be," she was overconfident. "I mean all of this will belong to her and Derek. You will never marry, and all this business will be a legacy for them."

"I guess you are a little overconfident, Ophelia," I spoke as I stared at Karson asking him through his eyes to reveal the truth.

"See who is speaking, a small-town broke girl with nothing," her words didn't hurt me any longer.

"Actually you are wrong there, Ophelia. Leia here is my wife," I saw her go still and her face turned ashen as Karson's word registered.

"And Mrs. Kingston to you," Karson stepped towards me moving past Ophelia, pulling me into his arms and kissing me right on the lips in front of her.

Leia's dreams of a happily-ever-after were shattered when Derek, the love of her life, left her standing alone at the altar. Heartbroken and devastated, she faced the humiliation of being abandoned on what was supposed to be the most joyous day of her life. Little did she know that her destiny was about to take an unexpected turn, guided by the hand of fate.

Derek's sudden departure left Leia in emotional turmoil, questioning her worth and the future she had thought of. In the middle of my shattered dreams, an unexpected figure stepped into the spotlight - Karson Kingston, Derek's enigmatic and wealthy uncle. He had been a silent observer witnessing Leia's heartache. However as the dust settled and reality set in, Karson, with a heart full of compassion, decided to take matters into his own hands.

Despite harbouring feelings for Leia, Karson had resigned himself to the boundaries of familial loyalty. However, fate had other plans. Determined to shield Leia from public shame and to offer her a chance at a lavish life, Karson made a bold decision.

Leia, trying to pick up her shattered dreams, found herself at the side of a man she barely knew – a man whose quiet strength and support began to heal the wounds left by Derek's betrayal. Karson, a billionaire with a heart as vast as his wealth, was more than a savior.

However, the path to love wasn't that easy when the whole world was against them and especially when her ex wanted to be back in her life.