✎ 𝘈 𝘋𝘢𝘺 𝘛𝘰 𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 ✎

Chapter One: The Start of The Healing Process

NEWARK, NEW JERSEY

THE SOUND OF JOSIAH'S ALARM BLARED THROUGH HIS ROOM, making him groan in response. He slowly sits up, unplugging the alarm clock before lying down.

He sighs as he closed his eyes once more, slowly drifting back into his sleep like state— until his alarm clock started going off again.

"What the fuck?.." Josiah mumbled before getting up from his bed. He snatches the alarm clock from his nightstand, double checking if it was really unplugged.

A soft laugh was heard from behind Josiah, making him almost break his neck trying to look in the direction of where the laugh was coming from. It was Aaliyah, sitting down on his drawer with a smile.

Josiah tossed the alarm clock onto his bed before rubbing his eyes. "Yo?.." He started to say before rubbing his eyes again. "Quit fuckin' with me, Liyah. Is that you?" He adds.

It's been about a month or so since Aaliyah stopped by to check on Josiah. He didn't pay that any attention cause she probably had multiple people to check on. From her mother, to her many friends and colleagues she encountered when she was still here.

"Rise and shine, baby!" Aaliyah exclaimed before carefully hopping off the drawer. She skips over to Josiah and hugs his arm.

"I know you missed me, cause I missed you! Sooo much!" She adds, kissing the man's cheek. She lets go of the man's arm before making her way back to the drawer, fiddling with the random trinkets on top of it.

Since Josiah decided to go back to their shared apartment in New Jersey, he placed all of Aaliyah's stuff back where they originally sat.

Josiah chuckles before shaking his head. "Yeah.. I did miss you, Liyah.." He said before sitting down on his bed. "It's been a minute."

"It really has.." Aaliyah sighs happily as she comes across her favorite perfumes, Gap Om and Jacadi L'Eau des Petit. She gasps before grabbing the latter, smiling to herself. "My goodness! That's where my stuff went!"

She carefully sets the bottle down before turning to face Josiah. "I've been looking for those things since I left! Where were they?" Aaliyah adds before making her way to his bed.