⭒𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘏𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘦 𝘐𝘵?⭒

Chapter Three: Don't Hold It In

Let It Go!

With a guest appearance by

Junior!

NEWARK, NEW JERSEY

IT WAS THE NEXT DAY. Josiah was in the kitchen, cooking himself breakfast while his radio played his favorite station. He hums among to the music as he pours his pancake mix into his waffle maker.

"You ready for your next lesson, Jo?" A voice called out to him, causing Josiah to look over his shoulder. It was Aaliyah again, sitting by the kitchen table and smiling her signature smile.

"Uh yeah! Let me just.." He starts to say before putting his attention back on his waffles. "Let me just finish making these waffles.." He adds before grabbing a plate.

Aaliyah hums softly as her smile grew. "Oh I loveee waffles! I wish I could eat them still.." She said softly, tapping her fingers on the wooden table she was sitting by.

The machine beeps, signaling that Josiah's waffles were done. "I thought about you.. that's why I'm making waffles today." He said with a smile before placing his waffles on his plate.

He chuckles to himself before shaking his head. "I remember hearing you and Junior run down the stairs and to the kitchen for some waffles.." Josiah said with a slight chuckle. "I used to run through boxes of pancake mix at the old crib.."

Aaliyah giggles as she crossed her arms. "You know I loved me some waffles!" She said with a soft laugh, watching Josiah set his food on his plate. Her smiled stayed on her face as she watched him take a seat across from her.