[3] conversations with a cat

"I heard, you think it's time to let go,

or maybe it's my own thoughts,

but honestly, we won't ever know"

so close to letting go; joe butler

𓆩♡𓆪

Edith always wanted more. She wanted to be free - free from the overbearing clutches of her parents, free from her crowded room, free from her weakness.

And now that she had that, she wanted nothing more than all of that back.

She missed the caring eyes of her mother, the beautiful smile that made the girl's day. She missed her father's book drafts that he would go on for hours about - filling Ediths' mind with wonder and curiosity. Edith missed dinner with her parent's, never sitting at the dinner table, just the crowded kitchen counter while her mother stood and ate, and her father cracking jokes the whole time.

Edith wanted what she didn't have. What she couldn't get back.

Now, Edith wandered outside. The moon shone through the overgrowth of trees above her, lighting up the girl's path just enough to not trip and fall on her face.  Her headphones plugged into her iPod, blasting the loudest setting she could, trying her best to drown out these thoughts that never seemed to escape her mind. The brunette girl hummed along to Missed Calls, by Mac Miller - stepping over branches as she trampled through the forest.

Loki sat upon the girl's shoulder, his ears on high alert - while the girl drowned out the present.

As the girl walked, she reflected upon the boy with the honey brown eyes - whose freckles and moles looked like constellations that Edith wanted to discover. Her heart began to hammer at the thought of the boy, the boy named Stiles. She loved his name, she thought it was an extension of his glowing aura - bright, different, captivating.

She shook her head, obsessing over a boy already Edith?

She couldn't help but smile - thinking about the way he had gotten her to talk his ear off, and the way he had listened intently to every word. Clinging onto them as if it was the only thing keeping him going.

And then she frowned, slowing her walk she glanced at Loki, who had jumped off her shoulder by now and was leading her through the dark forest. She thought for a moment, about the boy, and then about her parents. She sold their lives away for this? For a stupid crush on a boy she barely knew. A boy who would probably turn and run the minute something estranged happened, the minute he found out what she was.

Anyone for that matter would run from her. In Edith's mind, she deserved it, she was willing to give up everything. Accidentally yes, but she should have known better. She gave it all up for what? Highschool? Learning how to unlock a locker? Edith scoffed at herself, in an attempt to drown out her thoughts she skipped through a few songs before landing on one that was deafeningly loud.