Prologue

To this day I remember first meeting him. To this day I can describe in detail the way his denim jacket fit perfectly over his hooded maroon sweatshirt and the way his running form scuffed over the sidewalk. When he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the abandoned building on the corner of the street, I was barely afraid. In fact, I was only curious. I had never met him before, that much I was certain. I would have never forgotten his high defined cheek bones, his perfect black hair, or his muscular and tanned body.

            I must have looked like an idiot, just watching him pull my practically limp body into the building with wide eyes. I didn’t fight back, and I didn’t protest. Surely this angelic being wouldn’t hurt me.

            He began to lock up the building, putting chairs in front of the doors and pulling the drapes over the large yet dirty windows. I didn’t understand what he was doing until I heard the voices from outside.

            “Zayn Malik!” A bull horn called, “We have the place surrounded! Come out with your hands up!”

            The man now had a name to accompany his face. And I wanted to smile, because Zayn was a beautiful name. But I restrained, because Zayn’s face was now distorting with trouble, as he pulled me up the wooden and creaking steps. Once again, I remained still. Then we were upstairs, I found myself in a room full of dust and dirt. The few pieces of furniture were covered with old white sheets, and the air was almost hard to breath in, because of how terrible and thick it was. I didn’t mind it much—it was a place with history I’m sure—but Zayn growled and threw open and window. At first I thought he was letting in air, but the he began to yell.

            “I have a hostage,” Zayn’s voice was shaky, “You come in, and I kill him,”

            Once again, I found myself completely at ease. Not scared in the slightest of what Zayn could and would do to me. It was as if I didn’t believe what Zayn said. He wouldn’t kill me would he? His wavering voice and shaking arms proved that much. He was more scared than I was.

            “We’ll just wait you out then,” The police called back, “You can’t stay up there forever,”

            Defeated, Zayn slumped against the wall, sliding down it hopelessly after shutting the window. His eyes met mine for the first time then tilting his head sideways.

            “Aren’t you afraid?” He asked, clasping his hands together. His voice turned me to liquid, and I had to lock my knees tight to remain upright.

            “No,” I answered, my voice low and raspy because of the air.

            “Why not? Don’t you know who I am?” He asked, “I’ve been number one on the city’s most wanted criminals list for ages.” I didn’t, in fact, recognize him and when I didn’t answer the question he just gave me another funny look. “C’mon, really?”

            I shook my head no this time, and he just sighed.

            “Well, then now you know.” He smirked, “What’s your name?”

            “Harry,” I breathed, “Harry Styles,”

            Zayn hummed and then patted the ground next to him. I couldn’t help but walk over to him and sit beside him, bringing my knees up to my chest.

            “Do you know why I’m like this Harry?” Zayn asked me, “Do you know why I am the cities most wanted criminal?”

            I shook my head no, finally meeting his gaze straight on. His eyes were brown, yet I wanted to describe them as golden, because they were beautiful.

            “Would you like to hear the story, Harry?” Zayn asked, his hand trailing over my upper thigh. My breath was coming in puffs as I nodded. “It’s a sad story,” He warned, chuckling sickly, “But I want someone to know it before I get killed,”

            “Killed?” I asked, my eyes wide.

            “What do you think they are going to do when they catch me, Harry? If you knew me better, you’d be happy that they were going to kill me,” Zayn said, “This all started when I was in school…”

            And then he told me the story that would change my life to this day.

_____________________________________________________________

This is just something I came up with at random. I don't think it will be a very long story, so I put it up as a Mini-fic.

It might not be updating very often, but I hope you enjoy it.

Yup.

VOTE!
COMMENT!
FAN/FOLLOW!

:)

P.S. This is my first Zarry.

Don't judge.