Part 3

4 YEARS AGO

Zayn’s P.O.V.

“Zayn Malik, please report to the principal’s office,” The voice rang over the announcement system. I stood up from my seat in math class and walked out, not even looking at the teacher. This was becoming normal to me. I was used to it.

I walked the path towards the office, knowing it all too well. When I arrived, the secretary gave me a look, “Back again Mr. Malik?”

“Yes,” I said, “It’s nice to see you Margaret,”

Then I walked straight into the office.

“Zayn,” Mr. Gavin said, “Have a seat,”

I did so without saying anything.

“You have earned up quite the record this week,” He said, pulling out his folder and flipping through it, “Let’s see, you stole from the school’s store, you yelled at a teacher and made her cry, and you threw another student down a flight of steps,”

The last one made my blood boil in anger and I yelled, “Only because he told me that Liam was a faggot! He killed himself, and kids are still bullying him.It was a whole year ago, and I still can’t forget it, Mr. Gavin. The kids here don’t even understand what the hell they are doing to me,”

“Zayn, I know it’s been hard for you since Liam killed hi--”

“Don’t!” I yelled, “You don’t know fucking anything,”

“Zayn, please don’t use that language with me,” Mr. Gavin said calmly, folding his hands in front of him, “Now, you have been pushing the limits recently, and the school doesn’t believe it can continue letting youschool here, unless you behave better. The poor boy you pushed down the steps is covered in bruises,”

“Well so was Liam,” I spat, “And no one did anything. All they did was continue to bully him until he was so depressed he killed himself,”

“Zayn,”

“No,” I said, standing up, “Go ahead, expel me. It will be the best thing that has ever happened to me,”

“Zayn, please,” Mr. Gavin said, “Think about your future,”

“What future?” I chuckled sickly, “My mum’s about to die. She’s about to be put in the hospital, did you know? And without her working, or Liam here to help me with money, I can’t pay for my medicine anymore.”

“We can get you help,” He said.

“It doesn’t matter anymore,” I said, standing up and walking out, “It’s over,”

That’s when I left school. Technically, I wasn’t eighteen yet, and I wasn’t really allowed to terminate my education, but I did. That’s when I became a man on the run, from the police, from other people, from anyone who had ever cared for me. I still went back to my mum’s current living establishment every once in awhile to check on her.

PRESENT DAY

Harry’s P.O.V.

I was sobbing. I couldn’t contain myself. Zayn’s life had been terrible, and I couldn’t stop crying. His best friend had killed himself, and he was left alone to face the bullies. His mum was dying, and he had absolutely nothing. Nothing.

“Harry, stop crying,” Zayn chuckled, his thumbs going to my cheeks and wiping them.

“Why are you treating me so nicely?” I asked, “I’m your hostage. Shouldn’t you be, like, threatening me?”

“No,” Zayn shook his head, “What I’m trying to prove to you Harry, is that I’m not a bad guy,”

“Well…there has to be some reason why the police are after you,” I said.