Part 8

PRESENT DAY

Harry’s P.O.V.

All the thoughts swirling through my head were making me sick. I suddenly wanted to throw up and just drop to the ground right there and then. I felt a strange emotion towards Zayn. Maybe it went as far as…loving him. Which was crazy, right? I shouldn’t love him. I met him only today, and he was about to be thrown in jail for murder. But he didn’t deserve any of this. He doesn’t deserve to be thrown in jail and executed. All he deserved was a happy peaceful life, with money, and a house, and a loving family that never left his side no matter what. And for some reason I was willing to be that person to stick by him through everything. He deserved the world. He deserved everything.

“Don’t touch him,” I said, hopping in front of Zayn and grabbing his hands in mine.

“Harry, boy? What are you doing?”Niall asked, his gun still pointed at us, his hands shaking. Niall obviously was being torn apart by this. Zayn used to be his friend. One of his closest friends.

“I’m protecting him,” I said, “I won’t let him go down for something he didn’t do,”

“Harry,” Niall said, “Zayn needs help. He isn’t right in the head,”

“Well maybe that’s because you fucking destroyed him! He used to be normal, that is, until the world fucking turned against him and tore him apart!” I yelled, garbbing onto Zayn tighter.

“Shh,” Zayn cooed in my ear, “Calm down, Harry. It’s my time to go with them. Maybe I’ll see you again someday,”

“NO!” I yelled, “Please, no,”

“Why are you defending him?” Niall asked me, his voice shaking terribly. The other police men were just standing still, waiting for their signal.

“Because,” I said, “You can’t believe that he did this. You can’t. Niall, you know him. Zayn told me. He told me the whole story. There is no way that Zayn killed Louis,”

Niall shifted uncomfortably.

“I’ll bargain with you,” I said, “I’ll let you take him, but with one condition. You can’t kill him. No matter what happens, you can’t kill him. Okay?”

Niall looked back to his counterparts, “I don’t know if I can promise that,”

“Then I don’t know if I can let you take him,” I said.

Niall groaned, putting his gun down and running his hands through his hair, “Damn it, Harry. Fine. Now let’s go.”

I turned to Zayn, looking him straight in the eye, “I’m not forgetting you. I’ll get you a lawyer. I’ll bail you out. I’ll hold onto you and never let go, because you deserve so much more than anyone has ever given you.”

Zayn’s eyes filled with tears, and he pulled me into his chest, our arms holding each other so tight it almost hurt—but not quite.

“Harry, I love you,” Zayn said.

My heart pounded, “I love you too, Zayn,”

And then Niall was stepping forward, pulling us apart.

“I won’t give up on you, Zayn,” I called as they handcuffed him and pulled him away.

“Thank you, love,” Zayn smiled, his tears streaming down his face.

_________________________________________________________

Okay, there it is.

The last chapter.
Yeah, it's short and stuff...

There will be an epilogue up shortly.

Thanks for reading everyone!

I hope you liked it.

VOTE!
COMMENT!~
FAN!
:)