Part 7

2 YEARS AGO

Zayn’s P.O.V.

            Being on the run from the police was even worse than you could imagine, especially when one of the police after you was your ex-best friend. But I was helpless and hopeless. I was convinced I was crazy now, completely insane, because Liam was with me almost every second of every day. He was everywhere.

            I would cry over Louis, over Liam, over Niall, over everything I lost and could never get back. But it didn’t really hurt, because I was so used to this. My life had always been like this so it was nothing new or surprising.

            “Zayn, you should find shelter, there is a storm coming,” Liam warned me, his ghost like figure looking up at the clouds. I looked up to the sky, silently agreeing with him, but not moving. There was nowhere I could go. So I stayed put in the alleyway I was currently in, waiting for the rain to drown me.

            But, even when it started to rain, I did not drown.

            All that happened was a cop car pulling up to the alley, and a familiar blonde police officer stepped out into the rain, looking at me from afar. I should run, I knew it. But it was Niall, and I couldn’t help but to stay put, waiting for him to come to me.

            “Zayn,” Niall breathed, the pouring rain hitting his face and police uniform, rolling to the ground and over his cheeks.

            “Please, don’t do this to me,” I begged.

            “Zayn, you need help,” He said, “Are you still seeing Liam?”

            “Leave me alone!” I yelled, standing up and holding my ground, “You can’t try to help me. You let me leave. You let me just put myself back out on the street. How is Josh doing, huh? Is he still upset about me staying over? Why didn’t you stand up for me, Niall? Why didn’t you just…”

            I broke into tears, running away from Niall and down the alleyway, sliding into a small pipe there, knowing Niall would never find my hiding place.

            “Zayn,” Liam said, suddenly standing next to me, “You can’t run forever,”

            “Shut up, Liam!”

            And then he was gone, and I was alone.

            Once again.

PRESENT DAY

Harry’s P.O.V.

            “They are all so wrong about you, so wrong, Zayn,” I said, holding him tightly to me. He shrugged, planting a kiss to my cheek, sending an electric shock through me. “They have to be wrong,”

            “I know they are wrong,” Zayn said, “But they still think I did it. I have no alibi. I was the last person seen with Louis. I still don’t know how it happened to this day.”

            “So that’s what they are after you for?” I asked.

            “Yes,” He sighed, “That’s pretty much the whole story,”

            Suddenly, a loud noise sounded from the floor beneath us. They must be breaking in. My heart began to pound. This was it, they were going to come and take Zayn away for good.

            “I won’t let them take you,” I said, as Zayn stood. I stood up to and held his body tightly against mine. He smiled and leaned in for a kiss.

            “Don’t fight it, babe,”

            And then the door broke open, and there was the blonde police officer I heard so much about.

            “Niall,” Zayn said, calmly.

            “Zayn,” Niall breathed, his gun held out in front of him as if Zayn would kill him any second. The officers behind Niall were all looking at the scene, trying to figure out what was happening, but all Niall did was stare at Zayn, as if he was sorry about what had happened.

            “What’s your name?” Niall asked me, finally shifting his gaze from Zayn’s body which was pressed against mine.

            “Harry Styles,” I breathed.

            “It’s okay, Harry everything going to be alright,”

________________________________________________________

Okay, so for those reading, there is only one more chapter and then the epilogue left.

I know it's short, but it is a mini-fic.

Alright....umm....

Yeah, please give some feedback.

^_^

Hehe.