chapter 12

(Content rating: 🔥 🔥 🔥)

–3 weeks later–

–Alita–

“Are you sure everything is fine?” Varin asked.

I could hardly hold in my giggle while trying to keep the camera on my face as a certain someone kept butting in. “yes! I told you already, everything is good down here, I'm well taken care of and there's nothing to worry about.”

Azriel all but grumbled beside me as I put my hand in his face to keep him out of the picture. We were both in his bed cuddling when Varin just so happened to call and interrupt us. 

Not wanting to worry him I immediately God up and answered the call making Azriel a bit jealous. He had become quite clingy in the past few weeks and flirty.

Holding the communication device with the other hand I did my best to focus on Varin who was clearly worried. I couldn't blame him considering we've only talked two other times since I returned. As much as I loved and appreciated my brother I had been so caught up in settling back into the tribe. 

It wasn't easy and it still isn't perfect considering how much has changed. For me it was as if I had only been gone for three weeks but in reality it had been three months. After I had left the tribe went through a massive change. The events that took place affected everyone and when kora became pregnant things really took a turn. 

Azriel insisted that Elazar's child may potentially be in danger should other Tribes who despise humans find out about it. So of course in order to protect the baby and everyone else they took the initiative to fortify the village far more than we had when Seth's group threatened us. They made even more weapons and armor and took in as many as they could to grow their numbers.

By the time I had awoken on krosa, the tribe had almost doubled in size. Adjusting to such changes wasn't easy.

“You have been eating well right? And the baby isn't having any issues? The doc said the change in environment could potentially affect–”

“varin in fine.” I smiled. “I'm happy, I'm healthy and nothings wrong. Azriel and the others take good care of me, you don't need to worry so much.”

He hesitated before taking a deep breath. “yeah I know I'm sorry it's just been a rough year…” He leaned against his desk running his hand through his hair. “I don't want anything to happen to you, that's all.” He admitted.

Azriel practically scoffed beside me snatching the communication device from my hand to look at it and face varin. Holding in an awkward angle he spoke to varin. 

“That is not your responsibility… Do you not have your own female to care for? Why must you obsess over mine?” varins expression turned to annoyance as he looked at azriel as he toyed with the device. 

“Leave Zena out of this you barbarian! And Alita does not ‘belong’ to you!” Azriel growled slightly until I grabbed the communicator back. 

“ignore him, he's moody because you interrupted our nap. And you know that's not what he meant.” Azriel grumbled aninterest. As he laid back with his arms behind his head and closed his eyes. his tail slammed against the bedding beside him in annoyance as I rolled my eyes.

“I still don't understand what you see in him.” This seemed to pique Azriel's interest as he cracked one eye open to look at me. I smiled as I just barely looked at him over my shoulder.

“Well he may seem cold and uncaring at times, maybe even a little possessive but He's always gentle with me. He's kind and cares about those around him. He always takes care not to hurt me and makes sure I feel safe and secure…” by this point I had Azriels full attention as we looked each other in the eyes.