What's up with the tree

In the morning, I woke up to Fay sitting by one of the windows. "Morning Fay, is everything alright?" I asked as I got up out of bed. She didn't say anything, but I knew she was fine, somehow. I got myself ready for the day and went downstairs. "Hey Fay, I'm going to go to the village, would you like to come with me?" I shouted and Fay responded by coming downstairs and nodding. I nodded back and grabbed the book then we left for the village.

After a short walk we ran into Ava and Ruge who were sitting at the porch with some tea. "Morning Ava, morning Ruge" I said. "Oh, good morning sweetie, oh who's your new friend?" Ava asked and I rubbed the back of my neck. "This is Fay, she doesn't talk much but she's really nice" I said, and Fay gave a shy wave. "Aww, hello sweetheart, aren't you just the cutest little lady" Ava said. "Nice to meet you Fay, I'm Ruge this is Ava" Ruge said. This time Ruge had his mask up so everyone could see his face which was surprising to me. He had emerald green eyes and freckles all on his face. Fay gave a shy nod. "Well, I need to find Nico, do you know where he is?" I asked. "Oh, I think he's by that tree again, he's been so fascinated about it" Ava said. "Yeah, that tree is quite strange, I've never seen anything like it," Ruge said. "While we're going back to the tree" I said turning to Fay who nodded in return. "Thanks guys, I'll see you two later" I said as I waved them goodbye.

 It was a nice walk to the tree, where we did indeed find Nico but we also found Alex who seemed rather tired. "Morning you two" I said which prompted Alex to jump and for Nico to turn around quickly. "Good morning Emma," Nico said. "Who's that?" Alex asked as he looked over Nicos shoulder. "Oh this is Fay, we actually need to talk to you Nico" I said and Nico knew something strange had happened. "What do you mean? Is everything alright?" Nico asked and Alex looked at me and Fay with a look that said 'you better not have done something stupid'. "Last night I heard a voice who told me to go to the tree," I started. "And you followed it, didn't you?" Alex asked. "Yeah I did and I met Fay" I said and Nico looked her up and down. "Is she the source of the voice?" Nico asked. "She was, but I think she was just a little scared. You see neither she or I have any memory of who we are before just waking up in some random place" I said. Alex's eyes widened and Nico looked puzzled. "So you have no memory of who you are, the book said something about that" Nico said. "It did, it was that curse that was placed on them, or us I guess" I said looking at Fay who gave a shrug. "Wait so you have no memory! Why didn't you say anything? Is Emma even your name? Who are you?" Alex started rambling before Nico grabbed his shoulder and looked at me with a soft look. "Ok here's what we're going to do, Emma, Fay you two are going to explain what you know, Alex you're going to calm down for a minute then ask questions once we hear them out, okey?" Nico said. Fay and I nodded, and Alex gave an upset but understanding huff.

We all sat down by the tree. "Ok, Emma, tell me what you know so far," Nico said, looking interested. "The day I woke up I was in a field, I really didn't know anything other than my name" I started and Alex eased himself and Nico nodded. "I decided to go in a random direction and found the village and while you know the rest" I said then Nico turned to Fay. "oh she doesn't talk much, I could probably translate if she was willing to communicate with me" I said and Fay nodded. Nico nodded and Fay started talking in my head and I repeated. "I woke up next to the tree, the first thing I heard was someone yelling so I hid. I knew things about myself other than my name which was that I could insert my voice into Emma's head" I repeated. "I noticed people coming here often and I was scared and hid away, then I got Emma to come to me because I felt like she was safe, I could communicate with her from a distance after all" I repeated. "Ok so you two have no memory and just kinda appeared out of nowhere?" Nico asked and Fay and I nodded.

"Am I allowed to ask questions now?" Alex asked. "Just keep it one at a time" Nico said. "Why? Why did you choose here of all places?" Alex asked. "I told you I just went in a random direction" I said and Alex looked over at Fay. "What about you?" Alex asked. "I don't know, I just felt a strong pull of some sort before I woke up" I repeated. "Maybe because Emma was here she attracted you to be summoned here. Maybe that's how the tree got here too and if that's true then there should be more of you that we should find" Nico said. "Wait, what, we are not bringing more of them here, I already have a bad feeling about having two weird magical girls we don't need more" Alex said as he waved his hands back and forth. "Alex, they need help and besides it brings something new to this old village. Emma's been helping clean up and yes I know it's not a whole lot but she's only been here for a few days" Nico said. Alex glared at me and I just looked down into my lap. 'Rude boy, isn't he?' Fay's voice filled my head.