nine

We all headed inside after our fun in the snow- which started to fall a lot more and with the wind picking up it was near freezing.

I can still see the heavy snow against the window as I make some hot chocolate for me Luca and Lewis- using almond milk seeing as Lewis is vegan.

Lewis walks into the kitchen as I'm heating the milk on the stove.

"Hey, you don't have to drive in that- I have a guest room you can stay in?" I offer because the roads must be awful from the heavy falling snow.

"It's okay- I can drive." He reassures me and I shake my head.

"No seriously Lewis I think you should stay- the roads will be awful because it's late and there won't be much traffic on Christmas Eve." I explain and he nods- deep in thought.

"Only if you don't mind." He says hesitantly.

"I'm a hundred percent sure." I smile at him and he returns it.

"Thank you Lilah." He smiles softly at me and I turn back to the stove grabbing the handle.

"Shit!" I gasp and pull my hand away from the pot handle, I forgot the handle was metal so it heated up as well as the milk- I should've used a towel.

Lewis comes up behind me, placing a hand on my back as he takes my hand in his own.

"Did you burn it?" He asks as he inspects my hand with furrowed brows.

"No but the handle is burning hot." I squeeze my eyes shut briefly in pain.

Lewis guides me to the sink and turns the tap on and places my hand under the cold water, I instantly feel the food water soothing my pain.

I focus on the water as Lewis walks away, I glance back and see him grabbing a small towel to take the handle, he pours the milk into the three cups and I thank him.

He brings the empty pan to the sink "Are you okay?" He asks looking genuinely concerned.

"Yeah I think it's fine." I say and turn the tap off before drying my hands, Lewis looks at my hand again- nodding before he shakes the whipped cream. I take the mini marshmallows out of the cupboard which only me and Luca will be using because I doubt they are vegan.

Lewis grabs two hot chocolate while I grab my own and we make our way into the living room with Luca- who sits in between us.

"Luca be careful it's hot, I already burned my hand on it." I say dramatically and Luca gasps.

"Are you okay?" He asks as he takes my hand and Inspects it closely before he puts a kiss on it.

"I kiss it better! Lewis you also have to kiss it." Luca exclaims as he drags my hand towards Lewis and I widen my eyes slightly, Lewis grins down at Luca.

"Oh yeah?" He laughs as he takes my hand gently in his own, softly kissing the back of my hand, letting his lips linger for a moment. His lips feel so soft against my skin and I already know I'm blushing at the contact.

"Thank you." I smile at Lewis and then Luca "It doesn't hurt anymore."

"Mama when is Santa coming?" Luca asks as he takes a small sip of his hot chocolate- whipped cream going onto his nose.