twenty one

"Do you know where he's taking you?" Eloise asks cheerfully.

Lewis is taking me on a date tonight. He hasn't told me where but knowing him it will be a very fancy and upscale restaurant.

There's something so mundane about going on a date with Lewis- knowing now that he's the Lewis Hamilton.

But this is just a simple date between two people.

"I don't know." I try to suppress my smile but fail miserably as I feel my cheeks redden, thinking about him gives me that effect. 

"Do you think you'll get some tonight, because I don't mind looking after Luca for longer-" she whispers as to not alert Luca of what she's saying as he plays with some toys on the rug.

"Eloise! We haven't even been on a date yet- we are taking things slow." I pause "I think."

"I still can't believe you didn't recognise him, I mean his cover would've been blown if I ever met him with you." Eloise laughs in disbelief. When I first told her on the phone she was first very mad at Lewis and made sure to console me.

Then she was just shocked I didn't recognise him.

"I don't know how, I mean we'd briefly mentioned formula 1 as well and it just never clicked."

"At least he knows you weren't with him for his name."

"Yeah- I mean when I found out I refused to see him." Which undoubtedly didn't work or last but at least I tried.

"What time is the reservation for?" Eloise asks checking her phone.

"7." I answer and she widens her eyes.

"Girl- go you need to get ready." She ushers me off the couch and I laugh going over to Luca as I crouch down next to him.

"I'm going out with Lewis but Eloise is going to look after you and then we will pick you up later okay?" I watch as he processes my words as he nods with a smile.

"Okay! Have fun mama." He grins up at me and I place a kiss on his head.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"I love you more than more." I retort back and he giggles as I kiss his head again before standing up.

"I'll see you later." I smile at Eloise, thankful she's always more than happy to be looking after Luca.

I see the time on my car and I wince, I did stay too long and I think it's because I'm nervous to be going out.

We will most likely be seen together and Lewis is known for being seen with models and celebrities and I'm just me.

As much as I'm looking forward to going on a date with Lewis I can't help but dread the things that may happen as a result.

I turn up the music to drown out my thoughts- Diet Mountain Dew by Lana Del Rey filling the car up.

It doesn't take long for me to get back to Lewis's house.

"Thought you weren't coming back." Lewis laughs- although there's a hint of nervousness there.

I laugh in response "Lost track of time." Which isn't fully a lie.