Chapter 3- Aurora

I straighten up at Ric's words. This is it. This is how I die, "boss?" I repeat to myself in shock, but it seems both men heard me as they look in my direction, "What are you doing in here?" Ric questions confused, I look at him and make my way to the door, ready to leave, "I was looking for Mike", he narrows his eyes at me finally drawing up his conclusions, "he's out back." I draw in a breath knowing exactly what that means, he's about be beat up to death outside the back of the club.

Forgetting the man behind me and the fact that he's gonna kill me, I lunge for the door, I've got to at least save Mike before I die.

"Where do you think you're going?" The man behind me questions cool as ever. Ric pulls my hand from the handle, shuts the door and stands in front of it. His void of any emotion.

"Ric let me go, now.." I whisper, he only keeps quiet. Jackass! "Look, I get you're the big boss and everything, and I accept that you're going to put a bullet through my head, but If you could just save it for 5 mins, that would be great." I say turning to the man on the other side of the room.

He looks at me blankly with a gun now in his hand. He gets up from the table, eyeing his toy that's about to take my life, "Bring him here." He says to Ric, we both look at him confused. " This Mike she desperately wants to see." Ric nods and heads out locking the door behind us.

"This asshole would like to have some fun before he goes and jerks off" he taunts me clicking the safety off his gun. He looks at me expecting me to be scared, but I'm not. I'm not scared of death. Hell, the idea of reuniting with my parents? Seems like paradise to me. I stand there arms folded, unbothered. As long as Mike is still alive, I'm okay.

He aims his gun at me and grazes my shoulder. I bite back into my tongue practically drawing out blood holding back the scream. I huff and pant "Stronzo!" Was what I managed to scream out from the pain. (Asshole)

I hold onto the bleeding shoulder with my hand at an attempt to stop the bleeding. He rolls his eyes, "don't be dramatic. The real fun hasn't even started." At that moment Ric comes in, he tries to hide his concern when he sees my state, but Mike doesn't as he fights his hold and runs to me , "Rori! What did they do to you? I swear I didn't tell them..." I cut him off before he gets in more shit, "... I'm okay, Mike. This has nothing to do with you. I just had the privilege of meeting the Don" I said the last part drawing daggers into the so called Don.

Mike has a few bruises, nothing too major, telling me that they'd just started beating him, I sigh in relief, after analysing him, "you okay?" He nods.

"So you guys are together?" The Don laughs, "I thought she was fucking you Ric.." his eyes shift between the three of us. Ric has a look of rage on his face, Mike a look of guilt and I a look of confusion.

He laughs, "I see."
I roll my eyes at his inability to conjure up a sentence that makes sense "if you're gonna kill me, do it, but leave Mike out of it."

His face grows cold, " I've wasted enough drama over this high school bull. I'll just kill you both." He nods toward Ric who then pulls Mike forward and puts him to his knees. The gun points to the top of Mikes head and before I know it, a gunshot sounds the room.

But my fight or flight instincts came in time for me to run forward, almost falling to my feet as I intercepted the bullet. The bullet pierced my stomach as I fell onto the ground. I look up smiling, I saved him. Thank God.

Mike's there looking over my bleeding stomach, worry and shock. I look down to what he's looking at, while Ric rushes to me by my side , "Viper!! Why the fuck would you do that !?" I groan at his screams. I'd rather get my ears cut off than having to hear this man crying.

"Ragazza stupida" is all the man who shot me manages to say in his thick Italian accent. I pull myself up, now clutching at my stomach with the bleeding shoulder while the other arm helps my movement to where I lean on the foot of the couch to hold me up. (Stupid girl)

He rounds the table watching the scene unfolding before him. " let her bleed out." He says to Ric and he steps back. I roll my eyes, coward, but Mike still tries to help me put pressure on his wound. I pull him close enough so I can whisper, "don't let me die for nothing. Run." Is all I can manage between panting and fighting the pain. "No, I can't.", now anger fuels me because I have to convince him. "I'm gonna die either way Mike. I'm gonna die having tried to save you, are you really gonna let me die for nothing?"

His eyes are brimming with tears and I cup his face, I know I'm getting to him, and I know what to say to him to get him to leave, "if you care about me, like I know you do, you'll leave" looking him dead in the eyes. He reluctantly nods.

Other than Molly, Mike was the closest thing to a friend I could get. Did I care enough about him to die? I'm not so sure, but I'd definitely take death over having another person close to me die because of me.

I push him away and look to the Don, "that all you got?" I grit between my teeth, he steps closer to me and crouches down. Gun now on my temple, eyes piercing through my own, "I've never wasted so much time on a slut, but then not one has ever had the guts stand up to me. Your stupidity intrigues me, or do you just have a death wish?" His eyes never leave mine.

Riccardo is too busy fighting a battle within himself, not knowing whether to step in or not, watching me slowly bleed out. My eyes never leave the Don, I'm waiting for Mike to get out but the idiot is still standing there. "Mike I swear to God, GO!!!!" And that's all he needs to hear as his feet carry him out the door and runs. Riccardo snaps out of it in seconds and runs right out after him.

I'm now left with the Don. I let out a breath of pain, but mostly relief. I'm covered in sweat at this point and I still continue to look him in the eyes, he huffs, and stands up. He types something on his phone and shoves it back into his jacket. He gives me one last look before he walks out leaving me there. To bleed to death. Asshole!!

I barely manage to get up and stand upright. The club is dark, I'm wearing all black and people are gonna be too high out of their minds or dunk to notice the dripping blood. Fuck! Why am I not acquainted with any of these bitches I work with .

I manage to walk myself out into the passageway. I can't leave through the back, I know the guards will be there ready to kill me. So the next best thing is to walk out in front unnoticed.

I inhale as I brave myself straightening myself up, ignoring the pain and sweats. I walk as fast as my feet can carry me. Past the horny men too distracted with the asses shaking in front of them and the waiters rushing to fill out orders. It's busy today, it's a Friday night after all. I see the door unguarded. I internally thank God, something at least going my way. I know the one outside the door is gonna be too busy distracted with the people coming in.

I manage to pass by him and the minute I round the corner, I slump against the wall, fighting the tears from coming out. Come on Rori, don't cry, get yourself off this wall and get some fucking help, I scream to myself in my head. With one last deep breath I push myself off the wall with my injured arm putting pressure on my stomach and the other on my shoulder.

I don't make it far though, I feel light headed, and I know this is it. I'm gonna die in the middle of the fucking street, I pray somebody finds me but in this neighbourhood, they'd all just leave me for dead.

I close my eyes, expecting the hard hit of my head on the concrete to be the final blow my brain needs to shut off, but instead, I fall into arms? Whatever it is, it's sure soft and hard at the same time. Weird. I think before I lose all consciousness.