Chapter 3

I woke up on the couch in darkness. I rolled over to grab my phone. It was 3am. I can't remember the last time I slept 12 hours. I sat up on the couch and began scrolling through all the missed messages on my phone, I had one from my sister and a missed call from my parents. Maybe they know something about me turning into a wolf.

Okay but what if they aren't wolves and they think Im crazy. Surely if they were, they would have said something by now, right? I mean someone has to know something. You don't just magically turn into something randomly. I mean, whats the worst that can happen if I tell them or Zach. If they don't believe me, I just show them.

But what if they freak out? Or think Im a threat? I mean if I saw a wolf in the wild, I would be scared too. Wolves are huge, at least I was. Couple that with human turning into it? Yeah that's not good. 

Okay so not telling anyone. Not until I have more information. Hopefully I can find something. Maybe fantasy books with werewolves are actually true. I mean I will have to assume everything is true at this point.

I pulled out my laptop and started reading everything I could on the basics of werewolves. First of course, how can someone be a werewolf. Maybe it was some weird shit where a spider bit me in my sleep and I did not know. Or maybe my house is over a weird burial ground.

"A werewolf , or occasionally lycanthrope is an individual who can  into a, either purposely by being born or after being placed under a curse or affliction (often a bite or the occasional scratch from another werewolf), with the transformations." (Wikipedia)

Okay well that's interesting. I definitely have not been bit by a wolf. Was I cursed or born this way...? why did this all happen at 25? I don't think I did anything too be cursed? I feel like you would know if someone cursed you. Maybe it was some weird Voodoo doll stuff, but I don't know anyone who hates me that much plus I don't think that can turn someone into an animals. Lets just skip to the part about shifting. That is at least something I know for sure.  

"Those who were born as werewolves don't reach full 'wolf maturity' until they reach puberty, which is somewhere between the age of 11 and 14. When they reach that point, their body starts to change rapidly, their urges to transform start to show more and more, almost uncontrollably." (Fandom.com)

This just makes me have more questions. I am 25, not 14. Why would I shift now? I have never had the urge to shift or have had any of these heightened senses before. I mean I have always been athletic, but my smell and eye sight have changed for sure. 

In more of my research it looks like that werewolves can control their shifting by imagining their wolf form or their human form but there were triggers that can cause uncontrollable shifts. If I was really angry, felt threatened or had a lot of adrenaline. Which means I would really need to control my emotions, especially until I got this shifting down. I wonder if it would be as painful every time.

I found some more information on packs, alphas, omegas, betas and lunas. Nothing on where these packs were or if they actually existed. If werewolves did exist how did they stay so off grid? There's pictures of wolves. But nothing of someone turning into a werewolf, just drawings and CGI. If there were other werewolves, the world would surely know. I mean, people would see it and be in constant fear.

I wonder what else is real or if I'm just a weird fluke. So basically I have found nothing. Great. 

I looked out into the my backyard. It was supposed to be pitch black but I could see. I could see my fence, the trees, everything. It was different shades of black but I could see everything. It was I guess I can see in the dark now. I walked outside and Remi followed. I went over and sat underneath the porch. Maybe I should try again but I be in control of it this time.

"think of your wolf form" a voice in my head said softly.

Alright, that's interesting. I sound different in my head now but I guess I will try. This time I took my clothes off, I am not ruining another set of clothes. I think sat butt naked in the middle of the yard in the pitch black. I mean I must look psychotic right now if anyone was to see me. Thank goodness I have an 8 foot tall privacy fence. Good thing it is not freezing outside.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as I laid on the grass. I began to think about the beautiful wolf I saw in the mirror. Her eyes, her black nose, how her tall legs were the height of my bed. I opened my eyes to find myself in my wolf form again.

"I did it!" I beamed to myself. Okay so I can control this.

I started to walk around the backyard, feeling the grass underneath my paws. Remi was much less concerned this time and started following me around the yard as I was in awe my new found abilities. Remi was a good size black lab but she was still much smaller than me in my wolf form. I started to run around and she began to run around with me. This quickly began a play session as I would jump around and Remi would lightly nip at me. We rolled around in the grass together and then I sighed as I laid down in the grass.

I smiled to myself. This. This is what I have been missing. I finally feel whole again.

We played around the yard until the sun came up. I also tried to take the time to understand my senses and how to control them on potent smells like the trash in my kitchen. Once I saw it getting brighter outside I knew it was time to change back into my human form. I pictured my human self and my bones broke back into human. Shifting was not painful anymore because I welcomed it. I can do this. I can figure this all out on my own. I can learn and test things in my own way. As I learn along the way, ill figure out how to use this for good and what my purpose is. But right now, I needed to learn more about myself. And this week I was going to do just that.