24 - Not A Fool After All

SENA'S POV

I watch as Heeseung walks away to do a quick interview with one of the reporters, leaving me alone for a moment to gather my thoughts. My heart is still racing from the kiss, from the rush of emotions that came with it. As much as I want to deny it and say it was just to prove to Ujin that I'm no longer his to toy with, I can't ignore the fact that there was something more to that kiss. Something that felt real, genuine, and not just for show.

Heeseung looks so attractive, so handsome, and hot and beautiful all at once. I can tell that so many women who are present here tonight are attracted to him from the fact that they keep looking his way, whispering to each other, smiling and giggling. I can't blame them; Heeseung is hard to resist. But what sets him apart for me isn't just his looks, it's the way he makes me feel. Safe. Valued. Loved. 

I let out a soft sigh, leaning against the nearest wall as I watch Heeseung talk and smile at the camera.  It's almost mesmerizing how easily he catches the attention of everyone around him, how effortlessly he looks so charming and confident. I'm sipping on my second glass of champagne, walking around while for him to be done with his interview. After all, everyone was surprised to know that the Lee Heeseung who hated events and social gatherings was here tonight, along with his fiancée. Well, fake fiancée. I don't really mind playing the part. 

As I wander through the crowd, I stumble upon a quiet corner of the venue, away from the bustling crowds and the prying eyes of the paparazzi. I take out my phone, snap a few pictures and send them to Steph who must be home, all cozy and warm. She texts me three heart-eye emojis in response and tells me to post them. I can't help but smile, but when I feel someone's hand grabbing my arm, the smile is wiped off my face. "What are you-"

"For fuck's sake, Sena, what do you think you're doing?" I watch as Ujin pins my hand to the wall behind me and glares at me as if I owe him an explanation. As if I'm the one who's cheating on him. It takes everything in me to not let my fear take over, to stand tall in front of him despite the trembling of my hands. 

"Ujin, let go of me." His name rolling out my tongue tastes bitter and I shudder when he leans closer, his face mere inches apart from mine. "People will start to talk-"

"So you're now embarrassed to be seen with me?" He scoffs and I stand there, clenching my jaw, tightening my fists, not able to control the rage bubbling inside me. "Sena, do you think you can just walk away from me? You think we're over now that there's that little fake lover of yours? We're not over, not if I don't say so, do you understand? I've been calling you over and over, you should have picked your fucking-"

"You shouldn't have fucking cheated with Hana," I say through gritted teeth, furrowing my eyebrows while staring at him in disbelief. "You realize she's with you because I was dating you, right? She's always been copying every single thing I do, you were too easy for her to snatch. Do you honestly think I'm going to run back to you after that?"

The sound of his scoff, the way he laughs as if I just slapped him across the face, makes my stomach sink. I'm starting to regret wanting to be away from the crowd because I'm not sure what Ujin will do next, and being alone with him in this secluded corner feels dangerous. His expression darkens, his eyes narrowing as he takes a step closer to me. "You don't know what you're talking about, Sena," He hisses. "Hana is nothing to me, she's just a distraction. You're the one I want, you're the one I love."

"Love?" I scoff, shaking my head in disbelief. "You don't know the first thing about love, Ujin. I'm done with you. I stopped loving you the moment you betrayed my trust. I deserve better than this toxic cycle you keep dragging me into."

"Leave me and I'll tlel the whole world about the little lie you're living with racer guy," Ujin threatens, his voice low and dangerous, and my heart skips a beat. The fear of our engagement being exposed sends a chill down my spine. I knew this was a risk, but I never expected Ujin to stoop this low. 

"You wouldn't dare." I'm pretty sure his grip on my wrist will leave one hell of a bruise and I try to hide the wince that threatens to betray me. "Even if you did, Ujin, it wouldn't change anything. People would see through your petty attempt to ruin something good."

"Try me," He sneers, leaning in closer, his breath hot against my ear. "I have nothing left to lose, Sena. But you, on the other hand, have everything to lose-"

"You're about to lose your fucking teeth if you don't get the fuck away from her," Heeseung's voice cuts through the air like a knife, his tone icy and threatening as he yanks Ujin off me the way you'd drag a puppy by the scruff of its neck. He stands in front of me and all I can see is his back, his broad shoulders tensed with anger. I feel safe behind him. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing? We're having a conversation and it's none of your business." I hear Ujin say but the next thing I hear is him groaning when Heeseung grabs his hand and twists it. 

"Is this how you want to have a conversation?" Heeseung's voice is low, dripping with disdain. "Harassing Sena is not a conversation. It's pathetic."

"What do you even know about her? You think she likes you but in fact, she loves me. She chose me and if you-" The fact that Ujin is still spitting nonsense and talking about how I'm still in love with him makes my blood boil. It makes me sick to the stomach, but Heeseung just scoffs, tilting his head as if he's utterly amused. 

"Did she?" Ujin, did she really choose you?" Gosh, I can hear the sarcasm and the mocking tone. "Or did she settle for you because she thought you were the best she could get?" I can't see Heeseung's face, but I can tell he has the biggest smirk on his lips right now. He's not afraid of Ujin, and that gives me a strange sense of relief. Ujin, on the other hand, looks taken off guard. "Get the fuck out of here before I tell the world about the surgery you had to fix your penis because it was smaller than a goddamn toothpick. I'm sure the internet would love to hear about your little manhood insecurity."

Ujin pales visibly, his eyes widening in shock before he stumbles back, pulling his hand from Heeseung's grip and practically fleeing from the scene. I'm in shock I don't even realize my jaw has dropped open until Heeseung turns back to me. "Holy shit-"

"Did I go too far?" He asks, though his tone suggests he knows the answer already.

I can't help but burst into laughter, the tension from moments ago melting away as I shake my head incredulously. "You... you just threatened to expose his... his... Oh my god," I manage to choke out between laughs and Heeseung chuckles along with me, his laughter so warm and genuine that it makes my heart swell. He reaches out to gently wipe away a tear that escaped from my eye, his touch so tender that it sends a shiver down my spine.

"I can't just let him intimidate you like that. He needs to know by now that I'm always going to have your back. No one messes with my fake fiancée." He says with a shrug, his smirk softening into a gentle, concerned smile as he looks at me. "Are you okay, though? He didn't hurt you, did he?" The way he looks at me, waiting for answers, ready to protect me at any cost, fills me with warmth. I wonder what he would do if I told him that Ujin's words had hurt me more than any physical injury ever could.

"No, I'm fine," I sigh and shake my head, leaning against the wall behind me. "It's the third time you're standing up for me, Heeseung. And you're really good at it, you know?" I can't help but smile up at him. 

"I want to be good at it," He looks deep into my eyes, his hands reaching to hold me by my waist, pulling me closer. "I want to be someone you can rely on, Sena. Someone you feel safe with."

"I do feel safe with you." I don't know why, but my words make him melt against me when he wraps his arms around me and rests his head on my shoulder. I'm nothing but a fool for falling for someone like him, for believing that this fake relationship could ever mean something real. But as I stand here in his arms, feeling his warmth and his steady heartbeat against my chest, I can't help but wonder if maybe there's more to this than meets the eye. Maybe this fake engagement has opened the door to something genuine, something worth fighting for. And if that's the case, then maybe, just maybe, I'm not such a fool after all.