chapter eight; cornelia street

"But then you called, showed your hand, I turned around before I hit the tunnel, sat on the roof you and I." cornelia street; taylor swift.

you have received a dm from malachibarton !

malachi barton
malachibarton • instagram
846 k followers • 1,934 posts
you follow eachother on instagram
you both follow ariana_greenblatt and 246 others

yesterday, 12:34pm

malachibarton replied to your story !↳ ayee pretty gal

ayee pretty gal

awe thankyou malachi

today, 1:32pm

heyy maya

hii malachi

wya?

vancouver, filming for pjo
just hanging w momona rn
wbu?

i thought so
i got here yesterday
we're filming for zombies 4

ohh i heard about that
that's so cool congrats dude

thanks maya
we should hang sometime
while we're here

absolutely!
i'm free on the weekends and
around & after dinner time weekdays

cool, i'll keep in contact 🫡

"GIRL YOURE REALLY bad at picking up on signs, aren't you?" Momona giggled at me after I showed her who I was texting. We were sitting in a little coffee shop in the city, watching people pass by outside the windows.

"What do you mean?" I asked, sipping on my vanilla iced latte. She laughed again.

"You just posted some hot photos of yourself, he liked them, then immediately dmed you and asked to hang out." She made a face at me as if what she's saying was obvious.

"Come on, Momo. We have mutual friends! It doesn't mean anything."

She scoffed. "It totally does! This is how you are with Walker. If you aren't going to jump on that opportunity, jump on Malachi. He's gorgeous."

I blushed slightly, embarrassed of how everyone viewed my friendship with Walker. We'd been caught in a few moments where I understood why people might assume that we were more than friends, and he might have admitted to having a crush on me to the world about a year ago, but aside from that, we were strictly platonic. At least, that's what I was telling myself.