𝟬𝟴𝟱  favourite crime

𝙇𝙓𝙓𝙓𝙑.
FAVOURITE CRIME

──────

SEATTLE

    "I OBJECT!"

The room halted completely. 

Suddenly, the air caught in the back of their throats and heads turned to the back, eyes raising to stare at the newcomer as they burst dramatically through the door. 

There was a moment in which time seemed to halt; it was as if someone had raised a remote and pressed paused, a thumb nail digging into the rubber cap and freezing them all in their tracks.

 Not a word was uttered as the silence ticked over, completely caught up in the clear expressions of surprise on their faces as they all just stared back.

It was almost cinematic. It made Amy realise exactly why those words were the apex of so many of Beth's crappy romcoms. Was it romantic? It felt very briefly like a grand romantic gesture if she concentrated hard enough. 

Between the complete confusion and disarray, and the looks exchanged between people as a certain someone slowly descended into complete madness—it was there, the romantic undertone, the moment where hearts skipped a beat and eyes flushed the sort of vague horror that made her want to take a picture.

Right?

It sure was dramatic. If there was one thing they had down, it was the dramatic entrance. 

The looks on their faces were dramatic, the feeling of a room devouring itself with its own tension—it was more than dramatic, it was almost delicious

God, why hadn't Amy ever said something like this before? 

Not just in a courthouse but just any room she'd ever walked into ever.

She'd been able to pinpoint the exact moment that Mark seemed to transcend into a whole different plane of being—she'd never seen him look so deeply flustered and caught off-guard. It was as if she could feel the moment where he realised what was happening. His whole body clenched and his jaw slackened as if those two words were enough for him to rethink his whole life. 

She could see it tick over in that little Beth-infected brain of his, shutting down thought processes and rendering him slightly pale.

Huh, maybe this wasn't as well thought out as it had first appeared.

Amy cleared her throat.

"Yikes," She whistled lowly, half expecting him to go into sudden cardiac arrest. "Tough crowd."