𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 lose a parent, they inherit sorrow, loss and a closet full of outdated clothes

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 lose a parent, they inherit sorrow, loss and a closet full of outdated clothes. But on the Upper East Side, deaths sad chapter comes with a silver lining. Or a gold one, if your relatives invested wisely in precious metals.

I was at the Palace with Nate as we sat outside Chuck's meeting room about Bass Industries.

Blair rolled her eyes, "I wouldn't have come to this party if I knew I wasn't VIP."

Nate sighed, "The important thing is that Chuck knows we're here for him." The Waldorf girl jumped from her seat as she pressed her ear to the door, "Blair."

She shushed him, "I can't hear."

I rolled my eyes at the girl's actions, throwing my head back in exhaustion. As if on cue, the office door opened and Blair immediately walked in.

Nate grabbed ahold of my hand and pulled me in with him, "Chuck, this letter presents your dad's final words." I heard Jack Bass say.

"Your dad wrote you a letter? You have to read it." The girl encouraged.

I nodded, "Aren't you curious to know?"

"I think I can guess." he shot back, "You're a disappointment. I'd die of embarrassment if I wasn't already. Why do you wear so much purple?"

Jack shrugged, "Then you'll have the satisfaction of being right."

The only man moved to open the letter but Blair snatched it away, "No. I'll read it. 'Dear son, I know I've always been hard on you."

"True." He cut in.

Blair continued, "But my goal was to prepare you for this day. To help you go from being a boy to a man. Sadly, there is nothing like the passing of a father to aid in this right of passage. Ultimately, I do feel that I did my job and you're prepared for this next chapter in life. Therefore, I'm bequeathing to you the majority share of Bass Industries."

His eyes widened, "Surely that's a mistake."

I leaned over to read the letter myself, "It's not. He believed in you."

Jack scoffed, "That son of a bitch."

"Jack," Blair yelled in a warning tone.

Chuck shook his head, "Jacks fight. My father can't be one way my whole life, then it's okay. It's nice he finally decided I'm worthy but I don't want it." He turned to his uncle, "If you want it you can have it." He said before leaving the office with Nate and I following after him.

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐙𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 the school halls with Serena and Blair. My sister frowned, "Are you sure this is the best time for Chuck's fever?"

"I'm having no such thing." She denied, "We're just friends. He's gone through a lot and he needs someone to be there. Anyway, you both told me to help him in the first place." She was cut off by her phone ringing. She looked at it before turning to the older girl, "What's up with Gossip Girl putting out a hit on Dan?"