Chapter 2 - Mine

I lean back in my chair and watch as Bree finishes her tiramisu dessert. She brings the spoon to her mouth and closes her eyes as she relishes the last bite, sighing softly. I clench the napkin in my left hand because I want nothing more than to make her sigh like that while my mouth explores her sensual body. I smelled her arousal throughout dinner. It's intoxicating and has the hairs on the back of my neck at attention. Her teasing touches continued as well. She would either stoke my inner thigh or rub the top of her foot on the back of my leg. Luckily, being Alpha allows me more control over my urges than normal wolves. Otherwise, I would have pulled her into the nearest bedroom to make her moan for hours while I mark her beautiful skin, completing the mating bond. But it doesn't mean I am not struggling to think of anything else, so my cock doesn't give me away.

Clearing my throat, I look over to the DJ and nod my head. He begins playing soft music to signal that everyone can go back to the ballroom side to dance. Bree puts her spoon down and before she can dab a morsel of tiramisu left on her lip, I reach up to wipe it off with my thumb. She blushes as she watches me bring my thumb to my lips. I taste the dessert mixed with her scent and my eyes go dark at her exquisite taste.

"Good?" she teases softly.

"Very," I chuckle. "Care to dance?" She looks at the floor filling up with people, but no one has danced yet. "They won't dance until the Alphas have their first dance, with their Lunas." Her face flushes at the implication.

I rise, straighten my mask, and offer my hand to her. She places her delicate hand in mine and the sparks glide over my body. I growl slightly at the incredible feeling. When she rises, she closes the gap between us, looking up at me through her lashes. I wrap my arms around her, not caring who the fuck is watching. She fits perfectly in my arms. Our bodies melt together with no space in between. She puts her hands on my chest and sighs loudly.

"I must warn you," she says seductively. "I will without a doubt, step on your feet, often." Then she lets out a giggle that feels like Mozart in my ears. I reach up and hold her chin with my fingers. I bring my lips to hers, barely grazing them as I speak.

"They will be honored to be stepped on by the most beautiful woman in the room," I reply. She rolls her eyes at me, and I squeeze her tighter with my other arm. I suddenly hear someone clear their throat at the table. Eventually, I break eye contact with her, and I look over Bree's shoulder to see Norris grinning at me.

"Shall we? Before the watching crowd becomes restless," Norris chuckles.

I release Bree's chin so we both can look towards the ballroom section. Everyone has been watching our interaction. I see my Gamma, Zaila, off to the side, beaming. The girl that Bree was talking with is smiling broadly, obviously ecstatic. Now that I am aware, several of my Deltas are howling through the mind-link, happy that their Alpha has finally found his mate. My Beta, Bumper, didn't even mind-link me to tell me people were staring. I find him at the dj booth trying his damndest to not laugh. Fucker. I send to him, and he salutes me, of all things. With a sigh, I reluctantly release Bree completely and offer my arm to her. She smiles and takes it, looping her arm through.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Bumper says in the microphone. "It is time for the Alphas and Lunas dance."

I escort Bree out to the center, as do the other Alphas. Once in position, I hold out my right hand for her to take. She takes it with her left and puts her right on my shoulder. I snake my left hand around her waist with my hand just above her ass. I take this opportunity to stroke my thumb on her exposed back. She closes her eyes and smiles, enjoying the sparks. The hairs on my arms stand up as shockwaves ripple through my body. Meanwhile, Bree inhales deeply and when she opens her eyes, her eyes are on fire. "Don't. Mount. Her," I scream to myself. As if she can hear my inner thoughts, she smiles slyly at me and bats her eyes innocently.