Chapter 5 - Mate

"We are so happy to have you here Luna," a Delta by the name of Sky beams.

"Thank you Sky," I reply, as other Deltas approach us. Both wolves bow before speaking.

"Hello Luna," a redhead says. "I am Ulric. I ensure everything runs smoothly along the perimeter of the castle, reporting to Beta. This is Lix."

"Luna welcome," Lix says. "Will you be joining us for morning trainings?"

"Lix, I think Luna needs to get settled first," Sky laughs, ruffling his hair, which causes him to blush in response.

"Forgive them Luna," Ulric scowls at them both. "They are brother and sister. They forget decorum in front of our Luna and Queen."

"I am sure I'll join when my schedule allows it, Lix," I say. Lix raises his head and grins broadly.

"I am in charge of sparring training and Sky handles knife training," Lix says. Sky suddenly produces a knife from under her tank top, spinning it in her hand, and then throwing it into the nearest tree.

"Knife training can be handy if you're ever unable to shift and out of ammo," she says darkly.

"However you have that concealed, I want one," I say seriously.

"I will work with Ace to get a special knife and holster made for you," Sky says.

"I think you three have occupied Luna's time enough," Zaila says as she walks up next to me. "There will be time for everyone to get to know her once she is settled." Sky, Lix and Ulric bow deeply with a quick, "Yes Gamma." They quickly head to different areas of the perimeter to handle their responsibilities of the evening.

"Thank you," I say with a sigh. "I would prefer to meet everyone under cleaner circumstances." I chuckle as I look down to see I am covered in dirt and horsehair.

"Of course. I believe Alpha's schedule cleared up," she says.

"Excellent. Have a good evening Zaila," I say, and she bows her head to me.

As I am heading inside the castle, I catch my reflection in one of the windows and groan at my disheveled appearance. Withers and I went on a three-hour ride with him on his horse, Rooster. Then I spent an hour grooming Athena and becoming familiar with her mannerisms. All of this has made my hair frizzy, my clothes covered, and I am definitely in need of a shower. Great job at looking the part, Bree. I grumble my way up the steps and on my way to the third floor I am stopped halfway again, but this time by an Omega.

"Luna Bree," the Omega says, bowing deeply. "I am your chambermaid, Raven. Your clothing and incidentals from your old pack house were delivered this morning. I took the liberty of putting them away for you."

"Perfect," I reply, taking a hand towel from her and dabbing my face. "What about my computer equipment?"

"It is in yours and Alpha's office. However, the equipment hasn't been put together. I believe Beta Bumper thought you would want to do that yourself," Raven says with a smile.

"He thought right," I say. "Thank you. Come find me later so we can discuss your role and any information you need from me." Raven blushes and looks uncomfortable. "What's the matter?"

"I was told not to come back until late tomorrow, maybe even the next day," Raven says quietly. "I was given strict orders by Delta Serena, we all were." What is Aldric up to?

"Alright Raven. I will call for you when I am ready to receive staff again," I say as I sprint upstairs.

I eventually make it to our bedroom suite, and I open the doors up to find Aldric on the balcony, enjoying the crisp evening air. The evening breeze blows in his scent and my nose is filled with his forest dawn smell. I will not tire of that smell. Ever. I smile as I close the doors behind me, locking them. He turns his head slightly at the sound and chuckles. I then make my way into the bedroom and into the closet to undress. I put my boots by the hamper so that I can clean them tomorrow. I quickly strip out of my clothes, tossing them in the hamper, and then do the same with my bra and panties. I walk out of the closet expecting to see Aldric, but he isn't there, so I go into the bathroom. I find my toothbrush, facial cleanser, moisturizer, and dental floss by my sink. I also find all of my makeup neatly organized in different drawers, along with my favorite scrunchies in the bottom drawer. I walk to the shower and open the glass door. I step in to turn on the waterfall shower head. I adjust it to my preferred temp, close my eyes, and step under the water.