)1(

The black smoke billowed from factory's chimneys, the churches bell ringing as shop doors flew open instantly

The black smoke billowed from factory's chimneys, the churches bell ringing as shop doors flew open instantly. Colourful displays of fruits and vegetables spill onto the sidewalks as the market vendors rush to set up their stalls. Even the aroma of fresh bread filled the air as the bakery vendors raised their awnings, my stomach grumbling at the thought of chewing a slice of that delicious bread.

My churning stomach gurgles as a cruel reminder of why I'm late for my first class. Despite that, my sluggish boots seem to fight against my quickening pace. Pushing through the dense crowd only slows me down further. Now grabbing the coveted back corner seat in my class seems like a distant dream. I mean who wouldn't be up for the isolated bench, that offers a grand view to the captivating exquisite nature.

Without a clear warning, the conductors of the min buses tamperes with my bag, trying to persuade me to get inside their vehicles. Unwillingly, I trail behind the man who snatches my bag from me, praying his car is full enough. Hopping into the front passengers seat, I sense the old familiar faces resting in the car.

The vibrating phone deflects my gaze from the passengers. I literally want to kneel down and thank God for the sudden call which refrains me from exchanging words with everyone. As I pull it out, I recognize Vivian's name without needing to read it. A chorus of coughs and sighs fills the car as I answer the call.

"Yes Vivian. You at school yet?" I ask, a hint of amusement creeping into my voice. The rasping sound of heavy breathing fills my ear. Vivian's clearly exhausted.

"Don't tell me you're not at school yet Lexie!" The rising anger in her voice nearly scares me. But knowing her extravagantly well, I wouldn't flinch an inch.

"I kinda woke up late." I chuckle and a slight groan from her passes through to my ears.

"I knew it dummy! Anyways byee, I have to quicken up my pace then." she hungs up and I can't help it but squeeze a smile on my face. At least there's a guarantee that my precious seat will be safe as long as Vivian gets there first.

The hasty peaceful ride demarks its destination and my feet wobbles as they get off the car. The gate entrance to my school is much more crowded than imagined. I don't take much into account since it's the first day of the first semester of my third year in college. Here and there my vivid eyes can spot the dressing code around, I can smell new freshmen on campus. Despite the appearance, their hunger to speak strenuous English is flooding their lips.

"This is splendiferous," a voice drifts past me. I groan, shoving my earbuds deeper to block out the unwelcome noise. My feet reaches the third year students hall way and to my amuse everything is unusual.

The usual cacophony of the hallway is eerily absent. No shouts, no laughter, no thumping bass from someone's phone. It's like walking through a ghost town.

The environment covered in perfect harmony raises millions of questions in my head. But still, I acknowledge the peacefulness my heart holds before I let open the door to my class.

My eyes quickly scans my best friend Vivian, who's perfectly seated on the front row. Unlike me, she's not a fan of the back seat. Her worst fears include sitting in the back and slowly mutating into a bad girl or that girl with a Gpa of 1.50.

However, her eyes hold remorse as her lips murmur an apologetic word. Without spending another second, my gaze on her shifts to my precious seat on the back corner of the class.

It was already occupied... with a dark dainty bag on it.

Who dared to take my seat? Who in their proper mind was planning to leave me in ruins for the rest of this semester?

Vivians hand grasped mine, pulling me out of the class. I guess I had forgotten again on how to hide my distaste for people.

"What's with all the fuss. Do you know what you're getting yourself into?" She asks and quiver of disbelief shudders my mind. What was she talking about? I thought she was about to explain to me in details as to why I don't have to sit on my favorite chair since first year? Of course we changed the lecture room but still, the only position I get to sit on is the one on the corner of the class!

"You expect me to smile about it? Everyone in that class knows too well that that's my seat! Who's trying to mess with me?! " I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"Don't you know that this semester we're mixing with the other third years?..."

I hold in my next reply as it runs parallel to what she just asked me. Why are we combining classes with the other third years? That mean our class of twenty people gets to be fourty plus! That means every seat will be filled... That means i get to have a human close to me everyday!

"W-hy? I feel so betrayed!" I cry out and I'm sure she just rolled her eyes.

"How would i know? I just saw it on whatsapp earlier after the class representative posted it. I'm sure there's a clear reason."

"But still that doesn't mean someone should steal my favorite spot.. Does it? Or were you late?"

"No, I was actually the second one to be in class."

"That means the person arrived earlier intentionally to scratch my wounds...Who's that?"

"I think you should get to see it yourself... Besides I kept the bench to his right for you. Maybe you may start to like that one. "

"It's a he?" That's the only word that departs through my lips before trailing behind her towards the classroom.

 Well well well

.
Well well well.

I truly don't know where to start?

From the part that I disappeared for a while or the part that I freaking miss y'all! 🥺

How are y'all sweets? 😔

Well, here's another banger of mine lol, tell me how you feel about it and comment on it. Your views, what you think the next part will be like and whatsoever you'd like!!!

And this is far much important, feel so free and welcomed to our wattpad story! Do whatever you like in here. Spam me some messages or whateves i won't mind.

Just don't forget to vote, comment and give a follow to be notified on this story's updates if you like!

Muah😙