)2(

My triumphant strut towards my throne - the back corner seat - dissolved into a pathetically hurried sidestep

My triumphant strut towards my throne - the back corner seat - dissolved into a pathetically hurried sidestep. The silence that I once liked, mocked me with its hollowness. A jolt of pain shot in my veins as I sat on the rusty scratchy chair. If this wasn't hell, I surely don't know what was.

My knuckles crack as the sudden grip on my pen tightens accompanied with the feet tapping simultaneously. The previous silent class mutating into a world war II is so far the most wretched thing to exist in my carefully constructed world. It's like they were utterly silent to watch my walls break then inexorably trample on them.

The close proximity of my neighbors didn't even try to soothe my soul's agitation. The other guy to my right was laughing on top of his lungs, nearly vomiting his trachea on his friend who had a cat-like shaved haircut. How obnoxious!

Surprisingly to my left, the guy slept peacefully, oblivious to the storm brewing beside him. As if he wasn't guilty of stealing my precious seat.

The scorching sun dripped through the window, casting a soft glow across his face. His lips were slightly parted revealing a glimpse of white, conspiring to the squeezable cheeks that accompanied the microscopic mustache.

I wish a pillow was nearby to silence his blissful slumber, surely it would be a dream come true. And hopefully, I could get my seat back.

The raucous raspy voice from the man in front, beckons me to flinch in his direction. The eyes flaring through his golden glasses hold much anger rather than amusement. His forehead potruding into fine curvy ridges with a fine river of sweat dripping through it.

"Why are you making noise like babies?! Don't you have something else to do other than scream?" He shouts earning a slight groan from the now-awakened young man from my left. How pleasant to be woken up by such a sweet voice. I should try it sometime.

"What happened?"

"Wow, finally someone decided to grace us with their almighty presence. Anything good happened in dreamland?" My reply was as quite and neat as possible for only his receptors to catch on.

"You're funny. I guess I won't be bored this semester." He chuckles stretching himself. In no way, in a million years were I trying to be funny. That response was to escalate his adrenaline towards mine.

"So Welcome to 'Introduction to fashion, Course code 314. I'm Mr Paula, I will guide you through the theory part and My other colleague Mrs Devine will continue with the practical work." He urges as I pull out my notebook. I can sense hell from his lectures but I'd care less as long as I pass.

My concentration lessens as I focus on what my heavy mind was weighing. Was my mom okay?

Living her alone wasn't the best option there was but I had to come to school. It's probably after two months I might get to see her... Will she be okay? I wonder even more.