)10(

This chapter is dedicated to @sno_wwie, thank you for being a faithful reader. 🥺

Asante's pov

The entire class fell silent as Mrs. Divine entered the lab. Her presence commanded respect, strong enough to calm the stormy seas. Her bold personality was evident in everything she did, from the way she carried herself to the sharp glint in her eyes.

My gaze, however, was fixed on Lexie. She was diligently sketching design ideas, her brow furrowed in concentration.

Even from this angle, I could appreciate the way her full lips moved slightly as she chewed on the end of her pen.  God, she was breathtaking. 

Sometimes, I felt like I didn't deserve to be near her, like I was staring at a masterpiece in a dusty museum.

"I hope, Mr Wilson has already assigned you exactly what you're going to come up with." She begins but stops to clear her throat. "But, if you remember clearly, Mr wilson had assigned you, a small class activity. You were given blank cards to transform them into a work of art using your creativity."

A chorus of murmurs rippled through the class, sensing on what was coming next. "Using those designs you made, extract the theme from there and create an outfit based on that. You'll have to model for the designs you're making, so be creative!"

"Oh come on!" Lexie cries out in unison with the whole class. Previously, we had made a wedding invitation, so how were we supposed to be coming up with wedding outfits in just a week?

"But madam," a girl with bright blue braids raises her voice. "We are in new pairs, so how are we supposed to-"

Mrs Divine interrupts her mid-way with a sigh passing her lips, "Return to your old pairs. Simple isn't it? Further questions?"

A guy now raised his hand, "our theme was based on fruits... How can we come up with a design from that?"

"That's your challenge not mine." She simply answers, her calm mood still unruffled. "If there are no more questions, come get your previous card designs and restart the trash you had been making."

My laugh bubbles up in my chest as I stare at Lexie's face molded in horror. "How are you even finding this funny?" She asks folding her arms across the chest.

"What I've learned in this world is to find happiness in every situation." I explained, a grin spreading across my face. "Life is too short to be taken seriously."

Lexie rolled her eyes, but a hint of a smile played on her lips. "You find amusement in everything, don't you?"

"Maybe," I admitted, winking at her. "But you especially make things interesting."

She groans as she barely supresses the smile forming upon her lips. Without another word, she walks up to the front to grab the card. Her shy foot steps quickened her pace as she returned in a few seconds.

"So what do you think dummy? What are we making?"

I sigh, "I guess we can make a beautiful simple wedding dress. What do you think?"

She shakes her head vigorously, "no, I won't manage to put on the dress. I can't model on stage, I prefer we make the outfit for you."

A smile comes across my lips. Nothing on her face requires surgery, she is beautiful. Not just beautiful, she is the definition of a black beauty. A rare exquisite diamond.

Her body is flawless, nothing she ever puts on, dissapoints. It's like she always puts on tailored clothes. Why was she always looking down on herself?

"I can't model either. You're the best option here. Besides, making a guy's outfit will take more than years to finish since we are just beginners," I suggest.  Her heart still in denial she tries to speak up and I interrupt her. "Why don't we create two designs. One for you and one for me. The one that looks better, can be handed in as our final design."

"Why do I feel like it's a trap though?" She asks raising her eye brows. I couldn't help it but shine a smile, she is beautiful indeed.

"Your instincts are never wrong," I laugh and she rolls her eyes. "Who ever falls in it, gets trapped."

"That's not fair!" She pauses. "But anyways I'm not falling in first so yeah whatever."

"How sure are you?" I whisper and she just smiles holding the papers. "Let's start, time is elapsing."

I nod, "Whatever you say your majesty."

She throws a small punch carelessly at my shoulder and I fake wince as I rub off the spot she had hit me.

We continue with the designing and it turns out she's a good designer herself. All I'm doing is nodding and suggesting some potential skills we might add.

Her small smile she offers when the design is coming to life, enlightens my mood. Even though she rarely smiles, the 1% she does... Melts my heart.

"Asante!" she shakes me and I snap back to reality. "Yes Babe, I mean Lexie yes yes. What were you saying?"

Her smile fades, "were you day dreaming about your girlfriend? Don't tell me that you didn't even hear any word I said!"

Her voice is so soothing, even when she's angry, it's like she's making an Asmr video. I wish she could read through me that the only girl I day dream about, is her. No one else.

"If you are the girlfriend yes." I answer proudly and she tries so hard not to smile as she turns away to recollect herself. "Just kidding, I listened to every word you said. I love the gothic style of it but one thing I can change is the sleeves."

She clears her throat, "What about them?"

I sigh, "I think the fabric should be lace-like... The thick fabric will kill the vibe of the rest of the design."

She hums in agreement while adjusting the correction I pointed out, " why didn't I think of that. It makes so much sense."

"That's why you need a 'me' in your life."

Her cheeks widen, "Yes, you're like a door mat in my world."

"Door mat? Why's that out of all the good things there is?" my sound dramatically saddens as I hold my chest.

"Mmhh, because I picture you as mat to dust off my dirt." She chuckles.

I roll my eyes, "That's not fair, I thought it had a good meaning attached!"

Our special moment is then disturbed by the siren ringing which drives our attention to Mrs Divine who's sitting on her flexible chair infront. She finally speaks up, "hand in the papers right now and exit my Lab."

People groan as they are not entirely finished. "Guess who's stuck with the dress design, " I point out.

A smart smirk shines from my lips as she stares at me in disbelief. Before she could utter anything, her vibrating phone disturbs her as she pulls it out of her pocket. "You'll submit it right? I need to pick up this call. It's urgent."

"No problem." I pick up the paper and join the mob that alligned to hand in the paper.

Some girls offered me to cut in line which I politely refused. Patience is what drives my engines and I was more than willing to stay in line for more than an hour.

After handing it over, I exited the class. Not feeling hungry, I decided to go to back to class to take a rest before the next period- after lunch time.

To my dismay, a small voice could be heard inside the classroom which nearly drove me away. But the tense of the familiar voice compelled me to enter the classroom.

A painful shot of blood rushes through my body as the scenery infront of me saddens me. Sitting on the back seat, was Lexie silently crying as her phone laid on the floor.

.

Is Asante's pov interesting?

Decided to mix up the emotions by tagging Asante along and trying to see the whole world from his eyes.

Tell me what you think sweets🤭