Chapter 3.

A couple of days later Adeline walked out into the sunshine, coffee cup in hand a shopping bag in the other. Someone carelessly shoved her from behind; Adeline fumbled on her feet as she bumped headfirst into another person, consequently the drink ran down their back where she hadn't hit them.

"Sorry!" She squeeked out still not knowing who it was she quiet literally fell into.

She would never have expected Felix to be the one to turn around and face her embarrassment. Adeline's cheeks reddened when it was him. One of the only thoughts to cross her mind was how was he out in the direct sunlight, during the day? Luckily, she managed to keep the question from spilling out of her mouth unlike her coffee.

Although Felix didn't seem to realise he'd had hot coffee poured all over him. If it wasn't for his back feeling the liquid, he wouldn't have known anything was there in the first place. He stood there not uttering a word, but just studied her.

Adeline huffed at the treatment she was still receiving. It was too much of a coincidence for him to be in the same place yet again like he'd been for the past couple of days. She didn't know what he wanted but wanted his following to stop. She didn't know who he was enough to be much more than courteous. As she told herself this, she took the time to look up at his face. His eyes drew her in more than she would ever like to admit.

"What are you doing here?" Adeline asked the agitation seeped into it.

Felix raised his eyebrow.

"I do believe I was here first." He stated shortly. After the last couple of days Adeline could tell he wasn't the type to do much talking. It bugged her, especially with how he kept on helping her.

"What are you doing out in the first place." She rephrased her question still she tried to be tactful with it, with not as much luck as she hoped.

"You aren't the only one allowed out during the day you know." He said as a double meaning.

She tapped her arm gently as she decided what to do next, she wanted to apologise again, but didn't want to as it was Felix she'd have to do it to. So instead, she re-distributed her weight evenly onto both legs ready to turn around and head in the opposite direction to the one she desperately wanted to head in.

"Good to know." Her reply was just as short as all the answers she'd been getting off of him lately.

"What are you doing out here?" Felix asked before Adeline could get away.

Instead of turning around to face him, she just stopped in her tracks to mutter.

"It doesn't concern you."

"I have a right to be here too." She added in as an afterthought to give him back what he'd said to her.

Felix chuckled deep in his throat from Adeline's behaviour, he hadn't ever met someone so brave as her when they were aware of what he was. They'd normally change to be quiet and obedient. It was good to him to experience the opposite.

"If you answer some questions of my own. I'll tell you a secret." He coaxed her as he kept step with her easily.

"No thank you." Adeline shook her head. She didn't need to contemplate the offer wanting to stay away from all of it. She knew he was dangerous and didn't want to find out to what extent. The man irritated her as he still didnt leave even with her answer. It was as if it only egged him on more to stay in her vinicity.

They went the next couple of blocks before Adeline decided he wouldn't go away until she bit the bullet and asked.

"Fine." She ground out as if it was a curse word.