Prologue

Gen p.o.v

You know when sometime you find yourself in a situation that is so unbelievable to explain but impossibly it still happen to us. Well that sort of thing has literally happened to me. Before this , I had believed that this sort of thing only happens in fanfictions but life has decided to shock me to the core. Not that I am complaining but....
Well let's start from the beginning.

Hi there everyone, my name is Emily Moon. I am an orphan. Never knew if my parents were dead or just abandoned me. I am your typical ambivert. Not too many friends nor I am a chatterbox, but still enough friendly and outgoing to actually enjoy. I went from orphanage to orphanage. Some say that it is a hard way to live, maybe for some people it is. But I am quite used to this lifestyle that I hardly care anymore and I leaned to manage to keep myself busy and entertained with the limited resources I had.

Overall my existence I learned to do so many different things other than studying to my core to be precise. I love to learn different things and I always try to learn as many things as much they captured my interests. Cooking and baking become my stress reliefs. Karate and ice skating were my cure for boredom( although I believe that karate was an important skill to learn). I always draw (mainly fashion pieces and cartoons) whenever creativity seizes me in a firm grip. Reading novels and comics was my escape from reality. I even like to write stories as a hobby.

But the thing I enjoyed the most in this world was music. I learnt how to play Guitar, Violin, Flute and Piano. I love singing also and I also won gold medal at national level in it. People often says to me that music is in my blood and melody runs in my veins. To me my existence means music. I want to pursue a career in music.

The day when everything went upside down in my life was my seventeenth birthday. That day I had gone to theatre to watch a new superhero movie. The movie was awesome as any other superhero movie. When I was in the middle of the road, I saw a kid was crossing the road. Although it was green light, I still saw a person was going towards his direction at a frightening speed in his car. It looked as though that person has lost control over the breaks.

I don't remember much except people were shouting, the kid still unaware of the danger, me running towards him and pushing him out of the way, and then so much pain and darkness that followed soon after.
                                 *****
After I opened my eyes, I had originally assumed that I was in a hospital. But instead, I found myself in a place which looked remarkably like the King's Cross Station. Except a lot cleaner and empty, and there are no trains as far as I can see. Exactly like the limbo of Harry Potter.

But does that mean this is really a limbo ? Did that means that I died ?

As soon as that thought entered my mind, a figure appeared literally in front of my eyes. She looked like a woman in her late twenties, and looked quite beautiful. She also wore a gown which looked quite heavy but looked beautiful too. She also has a stick in her hand which looked similar to the magical wands in Harry Potter.
In simple words she appeared as a fairy but she didn't have wings to prove my statement.

"Fairy wings remained invisible to others as long as we don't fly."

I didn't think I spoke out loud.

"You didn't my dear, however in inbetween, you are capable of hearing other people's thoughts regardless whether you are magical or not ?"

Realisation hit me hard.
"So that means that I died." After she confirmed that statement with a nod, I speak again. "That kid. Is he okay ?"

She smiled brightly at me before continuing. "Yes my dear, thanks to you that he is alright now."