Chapter 5 Gen's new discovery

Oh my goodness, 1k reads ! *Dancing around* this is so wonderful !!! Thanks to all my lovely reader fellows, it's all because of you.
*Fred and George distributing chocolates to all readers while wearing bunny ears.*

And don't forget to check the endnotes of this chapter, it's important.

That's all, happy reading .

*******

Gen p.o.v

For as long as I had read the Harry Potter books, I had often wondered about how magic works and what options it presents for it's users.....

There are many fan theories were regarding this topic. I had also read books here whenever I can to understand this subject more. And from my research I had come to this conclusion :

"Magic is a force of energy which manipulates the environment according to our will."

So many uses the wand as a focus to channel their magic as wand helps them to direct their magic with a focus. That's why wandless magic is much harder to control for others. With wands magic is however very easier to direct for have the desired outcomes of our will.

While performing magic it is the  concentration of clear imagination and strong will power that is far more important than the wand movement and spell incantation.

You all are probably wondering that why suddenly I am lecturing you with all this knowledge ? Actually because I had discovered something new, something strange which was not explained by even J.K Rowling herself. So I had to conduct research (Uncle Sev could have easily been sorted to Ravenclaw given the sheer amount of books he had on different aspects of magic) and found some rather interesting results.

As ever since I was able to speak, I had tried to perform wandless magic and so far was rather successful with the easier spells but it still was harder to perform. And when last I talked to you, did I mentioned that I had performed magic which I hadn't actually meant while playing flute. Now you would ask me how this all is connected so let me explain this in a more detail :

My theory is that will how music and sounds affects not only me but my surroundings and other people play a part with what happened earlier.

First of all  we need to know what sound is ? And how it affects us overall?

Sound is a transferable energy which affects our body and senses. It helps us to identify the speaker or the source of sound and to interpret the meaning behind them.
Sounds has also known to have a powerful emotional impact on humans. It can improve our focus. Certain sounds can evoke feelings of happiness, sadness, nostalgia, or even fear or anxiety. Music has been shown to have a variety of effects on our mood, from calming us down and reducing stress to boosting our energy and motivation.

Music also has a therapeutic effect on individuals suffering from depression or anxiety. It is shown to improve mood and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. Research has found that sounds can be more powerful trigger for memories than other senses such as smell or sight. In harmful tones on higher level it can lead to hearing loss and other health problems both physical or mental.

In my previous life, I had wanted to become a musician and a singer. Playing music helps me feel calm and focus better and singing helps me to express my emotions to a deeper level. So while playing the flute notice that all I wanted was that withered plant to bloom again.

My theory is that with how the music and sounds affects our surroundings combined with my imagination and willpower has allowed my magic to channel better almost unconsciously as I hadn't expected to perform a magic while playing the flute. Plus somehow the flute acted as the focus of magic channelling, in other words as a magical wand, so it helped my magic to direct in a controlled manner rather than wild nature of wandless magic which are harder to perform without wands.

My intent for the plant to bloom allowed the magic to escape within me with flute music acting me to concentrate better helps it to direct it towards the desired goal and the magic does rest of the work to provided the outcome. If my analysis is true then there is a way to perform a magic without wand, that is through instruments and music.

However for the moment it is just a theory. If only J.K Rowling would have explained how music affects magic. Since Harry Potter books has not provided much insight into the subject, I have to experiment this myself to confirm this theory.

I hide in the garden to make sure no one was watching me. I lay some pebbles in front of me. I then starts playing the flute while concentrating hard on the pebbles, willing it to levitate. Sooner I felt that the words of what I am commanding the pebbles were expressed though my music. Then like before I felt the exact electrical buzzing within myself and with a flash of light the pebbles were starting to float in the air.
I was so shocked that I stopped playing the tune. As soon as I stopped playing the pebbles fell to the ground with a thump. After a few seconds I tried again and produce the same results except for longer than before.

After a few thoughtful seconds a smile was formed on my face. The levitating of objects which was so much harder for me to perform with spells and without the wand was quite easier to do now. I don't think anyone else than me has actually experiments with their magic with music. I don't think anyone ever think about how both can be connected at all. Well if sounds can affect the human at such a deep level then surely their magic can also be affected as well.

Well there are rules in which what with magic is achievable and what is not achievable. But maybe there is more to that. Maybe what is not achievable is actually not discovered by others. Like how I am a living proof of that. This opened for a whole new possibilities to discover. And since everything is magical itself in this universe there would be a lot more impossibles which with a little nudge can become possibles.

While wizarding world is like a fairy tale, it is also a quite dangerous place to live. With people like Voldemort, Bellatrix Lestrange, Fenrir Greyback and several other death eaters things will become dangerous, especially after the fourth year of Harry. I can use my newfound ability as a element of surprise against these guys and if trained enough can also invent new spells and enchantments as well.

I am not a delusional fool to believe that I will be able to save everyone but there are few people I want to save at any cost.

Fred Weasley, Hedwig, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, Cedric Diggory, Lavender Brown, Colin Creevy, Albus Dumbledore, Severus Snape and......
This one bring a hard but determined glint in my eyes.
....... and Harry Potter.

While I know what you are going to say that in the end he survived. But this is an alternate universe so there is a chance for him to not so. And specially since I am going to find a way to extract the horcrux from him without him using the killing curse.

I twirl the flute lazily in my hand. Now was the time to practice and experiment a little more.

********

Hope you guys like this chapter.

Plus,
SUGGESTIONS TIME :

what other types of spells and magic can be made through music ? My lovely fellows, go wild with your suggestions maybe I can and I will use that for future chapters.

Here are some of my ideas and please share your opinions of what you think about them.

Element conjuring -

Hypnosis -

Protective shield -

Illusion -

Don't forget to vote and comment.