Chapter 4 Accidental Magic

Gen p.o.v

Time flies like a kite. I am now 3 years old. Nothing interesting happened these years, except I have to relearn how to walk and talk. When I first called Arthur and Molly as Mumma and Dada they had cried out in joy and everyone got a really tasty dessert after dinner that day.

When I first started to take steps, I had ran to Severus or 'Uncle Sev' as we called him. I reached near him and make the universal sign of 'pick me up' and he did so and also twirls me a bit which felt fun. I think after that incident I became his favourite Weasley as he always sneaks me a chocolate whenever he visits us which was often daily.

Anyways, now I am three years old. Which means that now I had no problem in talking than before. I take (read : stole) Bill's old charms text book and practice. So far I have only succeeded in lumos and Alohomora charms, and the legendary Wingardium Leviosa charm. So far so good.

Life with my family was fun. As the youngest child and only girl means everyone spoils me. No one was here who didn't want to spend time with me. Out of everyone, I play with Ron the most. I always play games with him or drag him to cause some mischief. He would claim that only reason he was involved because he wants to stop me but I know he enjoys mischief as much as me. Even though he doesn't pranks people much like Fred and George.
In short, my partner in crime was Ron and we became as close as Fred and George were to each other.

While now Ron was busy playing with Draco and Charlie, I was left alone with Fred and George. Unlike them, whenever I cause mischief, I play cute and innocent to escape punishment and most of the time it works. Like that day.......

*****
FLASHBACK :
Even with the mind of a seventeen years old, most of the time I still felt urges to do something childish, even if I would never do something like that as a teenager. My theory upon this is that even though my soul was older, I still have the mind and body of a toddler. So I in the way was regrowing. My mind was not developing above my seventeenth year self until I actually get past the age of seventeen in real.
So anyway maybe this was the reason why I currently was trying to steal the last slice of chocolate cake. My tiny little hands were not large enough to grab it from the dining table. With a little more effort, I succeeded in my mission. Everyone was playing outside so I was sure that I will not get caught.

However unknown to me, Ron and Mom were spying on my antics from behind the door. I return to the living room with the last slice and found Bill was sitting on the sofa and was looking at me with an amused smile. I smiled brightly at him in return.

"Billy !" I said in excitement and ran towards him. When I reached near him, I gestured towards the cake and put finger on my lips.
"Sssshhhh, don't telling mommy no."

My eldest brother had a great difficulty in controlling his laughter at my antics. From their position, unseen by me, Ron let out a little childish giggle while Mom shushed him gently with an amused smile.

I put a piece of the cake towards him.
"Gen gives the cake for you too, okay ?" I smiled cutely at him and could see he was practically melting by my cuteness.

"Gen dear", after hearing the voice of Mom I hurriedly hid the piece of cake behind me.
"What are you doing ?" She asked me in a amused voice. Ron ran towards me and was trying to see the cake I was hiding behind me. I tried to think about an idea while my gaze dropped on the mirror on the side table.

I pointed at my reflection and said," That greedy girl is stealing your cake, not me. Gen is not greedy. I take the cake from her to give you."

Mom and Bill both laughed out loud at this. Mom gently picks me up.
"Oh Gen, you are the most adorable thief in this world." And she gave me a twirl while I laugh.
FLASHBACK ENDS

*****

Fred's voice bring me back from my daydream.
"Everytime we make mischief our parents just laugh. What shall we do now Gen ?"

"Make more." I said while spreading my hands a little.

"Make more what ?" This time George asked me.

"Mischief." We all giggle a little after my statement.

"Yes sis, more mischief is exactly what we need." He grabbed my arm and starts to pulling me at direction of our home - The Burrow. While George was following us.

Fred looked at me and said. "You are as smart as you are clever, little sister."

Then George continued the twin speech from beside him. "We shall make so much mischief, that our parents will be amazed."

We entered the living room and found the favourite shirt of dad which was purely white in colour. I smirked evilly as an idea formed in my mind. I whispered to Fred and George and they also liked my plan. And moments later we were found by dad decorating his shirt with our drawings.

"What are you all doing ?"

We smiled at each other and I said. "Decorating your shirt daddy, did I make it good ?"

"Yeah dad you see -"

"It was very plain before -"

"And our dad deserves special things -"

"Not plain and boring."

They said what I told them to say, with their twin speech while making big eyes to look innocent. And my tactic was working because it was a struggle for dad to remain strict.
"Why that's -" he tried to scold us but at the same time we all flash our puppy eyes at him. And his resolve crumbles. "- that's the most adorable thing I've ever seen." He finished with a smile on his face.

"Molly dear, see what your children are doing."

Mom came and started laughing with dad once she realised what has happened. I think that now was the good time for them to witness my accidental magic. So I concentrated hard and soon the now decorated white shirt was levitating towards dad. All were amazed by this. After seconds later as mom and dad realised that the magic has not signature of Fred and George but mine, mom scooped me up and place a large kiss on my forehead.

Everyone congratulated me for my accomplishment while I beamed proudly.

*****

I have given a flute as a gift. Or actually, it was meant for Fred but he found it boring so he given it to me. I knew how to play it really very well as I was a talented musician and singer in my previous life. At first I have to dumb my knowledge enough for actually to produce nicer tones. But soon enough I lost my patience and by the end of it everyone accepts me as a musical genius.
So currently I was playing the flute in the garden alone. While I enjoy the company of my family, sometimes even I need some alone time. While playing my gaze caught the sight of a wither plant. I have seen the plant before it has wither. It had a beautiful flower. Too sad it has withered, I wish it had bloomed again.

As the thought crossed my mind, I felt an electrical buzzing within myself and the next moment, a flash of light escaped my palm which was holding the flute, and it goes to the direction of that wither plant.

I immediately stopped playing and watched to my amazement that the withered plant has bloomed again. The leaves turned greener and freshed and that beautiful flower has bloomed again.

I looked at the now bloomed plant then back at my flute. A slow smile formed in my face. It seems that I had discovered something.

********

Hope you guys like this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.