Chapter Three

Ariana's POV:

I headed over to Y/N's house after spending my Valentine's Day eating ice cream and watching 'How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days'. Y/N and I didn't speak after she went back to work but I decided to pop by and visit anyway.

"Y/N!" I yelled as I walked in, locking the door behind me.

"I'm in the kitchen." She answered lowly, sadness in her tone.

I entered the kitchen to see Y/N cutting up carrots and celery, her hair clipped back and sweatpants riding low on her hips. She didn't have a shirt on, rocking a plain white bra. I stared quietly, admiring her appearance and the tattoos that were shown until she spoke up again, "I'm making soup."

I made myself known, walking behind her to grab an apple and hop up on the island near the cutting board.

"I went on a date last night," I admitted loudly, hoping Y/N would believe my lie and get jealous but she didn't show any reaction, so I doubled down, "I'm going on another tonight." She let out a heavy sigh, something clearly bothering her that she didn't want to bring up but wanted to talk about. As her best friend, I wanted to cheer her up.

I took a bite out of the red apple that was in my hand, "So," I dragged, waiting for her to look up at me which she did soon after.

"Your boyfriend eat your pussy today or do I have to?" I asked with a smile, hoping she'd laugh and accept my offer or at least deny it but she didn't do either, instead she said, "I actually don't have one of those anymore."

Her head fell again, continuing to chop the veggies.

"A pussy?"

She dropped the knife and looked at me, deadpanned, "A boyfriend." She replied bitterly, clearly upset.

"What do you mean?"

They broke up? So, I have a chance is what she's implying.

"I um, I found out that he's a liar." She paused to turn around and dump the chopped veggies into the pot, stirring the soup. I stayed silent, waiting for her to continue, "He's been lying to me about several things actually and unfortunately I found out last night through a mutual friend of ours."

"Do you think he's cheating?" I asked and she shrugged, "I'm not sure, I mean if he's lying about his whereabouts then obviously that's an option. He was supposed to come home last night but he lied and said he was staying with his sister but he was actually with one of his friends, I'm close with the girlfriend and she's the one who told me."

I listened intently as she explained everything, "I don't want to believe it because I love him, but there is a possibility that he's cheating on me." I watched as her demeanor changed, she wanted to show that it wasn't affecting her all that much but it was, it was killing her and I hated to see it.

"Hey," I reached for her hand, "I'm always going to be here for you when you need it."

She nodded, hugging my torso as she stood between my legs. I laid my head on top of hers and held her back tightly, not wanting to let go. "You're such a great person," She lifted her head from my chest, letting my hands fall to her face to caress her cheeks, "and an even better friend, I love you." She said with a smile.

I sighed, "Of course, I'll always be your friend
Y/N."

"I know, we're best friends for life."

She turned around and stirred her soup, giving me time to throw my head back out of annoyance. "What about your date from last night? Is it the same person as tonight? Or two different people?" She asked, her back still turned towards me.

"Oh it's the same person, he's been begging for a chance and I didn't want to be alone since the person I want doesn't want me." I admitted lowly, her head moved to face me, "Who do you want?" She asked and I paused, my heart beginning to race.

"Who do I want?" I repeated several times and she nodded.

"Ricky."

I watched her turn around with a quickness, happiness immediately taking over.

"Stop, you're lying!" She jumped up and down, "I have to help you pick out your outfit tonight, I have the perfect dress that I've been dying to wear." She shook my hands within her grasp, letting go to race upstairs as I considered jumping off her balcony.

"So excited." I yelled with no excitement in my voice, but Y/N was too happy to notice.

I waited for Y/N to pick an outfit for me and took it home, lying to her and telling her I'd wear on my non-existent date tonight. I headed to the office after leaving Y/N's, finding the note with my ex's new number. I pulled to the side and decided to text him, asking if he wanted to get dinner tonight.

He replied immediately, asking if I was free tonight.

I hesitated to text back but did anyway, telling him I was and confirming our dinner date.

I raced home faster than I would like to admit, getting ready for tonight as soon as I went inside. It didn't take me long to put together an outfit and head over to the restaurant he picked, he insisted that I would like it but offered to go somewhere else if I didn't want to try it.

I walked in, being greeted by him as soon as I entered.

"Mr. Dominguez."

"Hi beautiful."

We both smiled and I allowed him to pull me into a hug as I inhaled his cologne, feeling myself relax at the familiarity of his arms. He kissed the top of my head then pulled away, correcting me as we walked to the host, "It's actually Dr. Dominguez now."

I rolled my eyes, "Actually it's Issac."

"Call me whatever you want." He said lowly, running a hand through his hair.

He had let his hair grow out since the last time I seen him, the back had grown in thickly and a few strands covered some of his forehead. His curls were loosened now, still present but not as much. I continued to admire him as he spoke to the host, he let his facial hair grow out too, no longer sporting the clean-shaven look. His mustache was thick, resting above his upper lip and a beard growing in as well.

"Get a good look? I can feel you staring." Issac said with a smirk, turning to make eye contact with me as we followed the host to our table. I rolled my eyes for the second time since seeing him, hearing him laugh in response.

"I did, you look great."

The dinner went by faster than I had hoped for, we barely ate and instead talked for hours until I told him I had to go. I didn't but I knew I would end up staying longer than expected with him. I didn't know where he stood with me since we ended on weird terms but I'll always have a soft spot for him. We went no contact after he left to medical school and haven't spoken since, until Valentine's Day.

I left the restaurant and headed back to the office, wanting to get some work done since I didn't work today. Nobody else was in the building, just me.

I sat at my desk, staring at the black computer screen in front of me. I pulled out my phone and went to my files, wanting to listen to the song I wrote for Y/N one more time. I was undeniably anxious and hopefully making sure the song was absolutely perfect would help ease that. I clicked on the playlist, waiting to listen to the strum of a guitar but instead I heard moaning.

I had downloaded the wrong audio onto the CD.

Instead of Y/N having my song for her, she had a downloaded version of my moans.

"Oh I'm gonna kill myself."

My hand flew over my mouth at the realization, calling Y/N immediately.

-

Ariana recording herself moaning is insane, I can't believe her ass smh. It was suppsoed to be an imagine but I added it here instead.