Chapter Four

Ariana's POV:

I had sat in my office for a good hour or so, contemplating if a 60-foot drop would be high enough to end my life. Surely it would be, right?

I paced the room, wanting to throw up as my anxiety took over. Why the fuck would I not check before making the CD?

I mentally cursed myself out, watching my phone light up with a text from Ricky, telling me to stop playing hard to get.

I replied instantly with, "You're hard to want."

I muted my phone and decided to take on filing my documents, I hoped, prayed that it'd take my mind off of things but it was no use.

Between thinking about Y/N, the situation, and Ricky blowing up my phone, I couldn't think properly let alone focus enough to get actual work done.

It was nearing three in the morning when I gave up and decided it would be best if I just went home and slept. Apparently I was too naive to think that I would be able to fall asleep that easy.

Issac texted me asking how I was doing and if we could hang out again. I ignored his messages and went on to stare at the ceiling until I eventually fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to a series of texts from Ricky, I assumed Y/N had told her brother about my supposed crush on him based off of the messages I was receiving. I silenced his notifications and called Y/N who answered almost immediately.

"Hey Y/N, I was wondering if I could get the CD back, I might've given you the wrong one." I explained rather quickly but I was ignored. "Can I call you back?" She asked, "A patient just shit his pants and I have to go change him." She groaned, making me laugh on the other end.

Our phone call ended and I laid back down, letting my arm fall to rest over my eyes as the other remained stretched out.

"I'm gonna kill myself." I mumbled, waiting for the sun to hit my face before I left my bed. I sat up just as it did, letting my blankets roll down to rest on my lap.

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, a heavy sigh leaving my mouth. I gripped the corner, tossing the white duvet to the other side of my bed as I stood up.

I got myself up and ready for work quicker than usual today, I managed to leave my apartment a whopping seven minutes earlier.

I headed inside of my building, greeting the staff on my way up to my office until I was suddenly stopped by my receptionist, "Ms.Grande, there's a scheduled interview for 11AM, did you want me to reschedule or send them to another?" She asked politely, handing me the packet containing their resume, personal information, and whatnot.

I took the packet with a confused expression, "I thought we weren't hiring anybody? I wiped all the internships and new hires, there's no need for them."

While awaiting a response, I took it upon myself to glance through, being semi-impressed with their work ethic and experience.

I looked up at her, watching as she simply stared at me.

"Leah."

She shook her head as if she was trying to rid her mind of any thoughts, "My apologies, a few of the board members asked me to reopen applications and that is the first, he submitted his paperwork in person this morning."

"This morning?"

Nodding, I took her word for it, "Alright, send him up at 11."

I held the paperwork in my hand as I headed to the elevator. I didn't bother looking at it for the rest of the morning as I had more important matters to attend to.

It was nearing 10:45 when Y/N called, interrupting my meeting with the company's accountant. I declined her call but she rang me again, "Can we talk over lunch? An important call just came through and I'm not sure how long I'll be held up."

"Yes Y/N?" I asked as I answered.

"I was wondering if there were any openings? For your assistant preferably," My eyes went wide, "You want to be my assistant? It's demanding hours Y/N but I wouldn't mind spending more time with you." I told her as I smiled, leaning back in my chair.

She laughed on the other end, "I'm being serious, they cut my hours at the hospital and I need money, something else just came up and it's stressing me out."

I sat up, "Y/N I can take care of you, you don't need to worry about money," I quickly corrected my tone after realizing how that sounded, "I mean I can loan you money and you don't have to worry about paying me back."

She sighed, declining my offer, "Ariana I would never ask you to do that for me."

"You don't have to ask, I'd do it because I want to. However, I seen your application and I think you're more than qualified, no need to come in at 11."

There was no response on the other end for a bit, I assumed she hung up for a moment until she spoke again, "I didn't apply yet, I was hoping there'd be a best friend rule where I get the job and you trust me."

I ignored her, "I thought you applied, it had your address on it."

"That's what else I wanted to talk to you about,"

I peaked out my window and noticed an all too familiar set of curls rushing to my building.

"Son of a bitch." I mumbled.

"Nick got fired the other day from Amazon, he applied to your company and I figured he'd get a job. Boyfriend of the best friend and all."

"Yeah he's my 11AM."

-

I wrote this mid breakdown after locking myself out of my room