Chapter Seven

Ariana just like me this chapter 😫🤞🏽

Ariana's POV:

"So, this property has loamy soil throughout, correct?" I asked the realtor as we walked, he was giving me a tour of a potential buy. I desperately wanted to own a property with the soil specifically, the gardening would be a lot easier this way.

He stopped in his tracks, turning to face me, "You do realize there are only very few properties left in the United States that have the soil you're looking for, right?" I nodded, pulling out my ringing phone, "Yes, I'm aware of what I'm asking. It's not hard to find another realtor who won't talk back as if I'm not the one putting money in your pocket."

I walked away from him and answered the call, not bothering to check who it was.

"Hello?"

"Hey beautiful, what're you up to?"

Upon hearing Y/N's voice, I instantly smiled.

"Can you just check? I paid you to give me an answer, not an attitude." I yelled, making Y/N concerned on the other end of the phone.

"What's that about?"

I placed my free hand in the pocket of my jeans, aimlessly walking around the lot.

"Oh, the yelling? Nothing, I'm checking out a new property and this guy is giving me an attitude when I asked a question as if he isn't on my payroll. I'll buy the entire firm just to fire his ass at this point." The annoyance laced in my voice made Y/N giggle, causing a laugh to slip past my lips.

"What're you up to?" I asked in return, she had yet to tell me why she was calling but I wasn't exactly complaining. Speaking to her was always one of the best parts of my day.

"Well," She dragged, sighing not a moment later. I could tell by the tone in her voice that she was about to ask me something that I wouldn't be able to say 'No' to. "I was going to ask if you were going to be busy this weekend? I have my sister's wedding and you agreed to be my date last year but I'm not sure if you're still up for it."

I wracked my brain trying to remember what I was supposed to be doing this week, it took a few minutes, but it eventually hit me.

"I have a meeting in Utah with potential investors and then there's a stupid business convention that I'm a guest speaker at, it's for some college one of the board's son's attends. I agreed to it, so I have to go." I explained, hoping she would understand and find a replacement, like her boyfriend.

The other line was silent, I assumed she hung up, but I checked, and she was still on the call, I must've upset her.

"Y/N?" I called out softly, awaiting a response that didn't come.

"Why don't you ask Nick? I'm sure he's free, he comes in Thursday and Friday, but I can arrange to give him Friday off that way he can go with you." I offered, but she immediately declined. A sigh from her was followed by, "My sister doesn't approve, I asked already, and she said 'No'. My options according to her were, "Bring Ariana, or don't bring a date."

As much as I wanted to giggle and poke fun at Y/N, I couldn't, she would murder me, so instead, I silently thanked Harper. Y/N's oldest sister, Harper has wanted us together since we were kids, she was the first one to notice my feelings for Y/N.

"Y/N, I wish I could go; you know I love Harper, but I can't."

"Wait, you said your trip was in Utah? That's where the wedding is, and it's at night so you can do your business stuff and I'll wait for you in the Airbnb."

I threw my head back out of stress, wincing as if I was in physical pain.

Letting out a heavy sigh, I responded, "I mean I can try, but I'm not going to promise you something I can't guarantee."