Chapter Two

Ariana's POV:

I slid out of the suit jacket, scolding Jeremy, the head of our Marketing Department, "Find another way to boost sales next time, I'm not doing this shit again." I told him. He laughed on the other end of the phone call, pissing me off.

"I'm actually going to strangle you." I threatened, hoping he wouldn't take it as serious as I meant it. I hung up the phone, waiting for my assistant to come in the dressing room so we could pick an outfit for the shoot.

"So, which do you like more?" She asked in reference to the six outfits that I tried on previously and hated. I laughed, turning my back to her as I began to unbutton the white dress shirt I had on, "Can I choose none?" I asked, my moving my head so I could see her.

With a concerned look she questioned me, "You want to do the shoot naked?"

We exchanged glances and I grew a sly smirk, "Is that an option?"

The shoot went by pretty quick after I rushed the photographers, I wanted to get back to work instead of posing in front of a camera for hours, getting headaches from the immense amount of lights.

"The most eligible bachelorette? That's the title they want to go with?" I told Jeremy after reading the email the publisher had sent me. I couldn't help but laugh, I'm not a bachelorette, I don't want anyone but Y/N.

"They're not wrong Ms. Grande."

I rolled my eyes, letting my feet rest on my desk as I leaned back in my chair, "They are though, I'm not the most 'eligible bachelorette'."

"Are you being serious? You're a multi-millionaire, your company is projected to be worth a billion by the end of the year, you're hot, you're young, single, loving, sweet, you're desirable Ms. Grande." Jeremy confessed, stroking my ego like no other.

"You're too kind, I appreciate it, but I'm not interested in anyone." I told him, my eyes leaving his when I see Y/N walking toward my office out of the corner of my eye. I stared unashamedly, if anybody mentioned it I wouldn't be able to deny it, it was too obvious.

Jeremy noticed and looked back, noticing Y/N and giving me a small smile when he turned his head back to me.

"Not interested in anyone? Or anyone that isn't her?" He asked just as she walked in.

"None of your business, please go back to Marketing and do your job."

He sighed, looking between the two of us before leaving.

"What was that about?" Y/N asked and I shrugged, telling her, "I have no idea."

I took my feet off my desk and stood up to greet her, grabbing one of the bags of food she had brought, "How was the shoot?" she asked after stealing a chair.

"Boring," I took the seat across from her, taking out the containers of noodles, "They considered it being a nude shoot." I said nonchalantly, looking up to see Y/N staring at me with wide eyes. She just looked at me, waiting for me to elaborate on that but when I didn't, she asked, "Did you? Do the shoot nude?"

I added the rice noodles to the pho broth, putting in the bean sprouts and jalapeños that were provided. I smirked, telling her, "Guess you're just gonna have to buy the magazine to see it."

"Ariana."

Rolling my eyes, I caved, "I wore a black suit."

"How was your patient?" I asked, wanting to hear about her day but stopping to audibly groan when I seen the woman from reception bring in another bouquet of flowers. Y/N noticed my distraught, about to ask me what was wrong, but she turned to notice the woman, only furthering her confusion.

"Please stop letting people drop them off Leah, I don't want them." I told her, taking the flowers from her hands with disgust. I hated today.

After she walked away, Y/N set her fork down and questioned me, "Why are you upset about getting flowers? It's Valentine's Day." She chuckled somewhat bitterly, "I wish I got flowers."

"I wouldn't be upset about getting flowers if it was one or two, but I think this is excessive." I told her as I slid open the door to my patio, revealing the 16 other bouquets of flowers that I've received today. Her eyes widened, "Ariana who is sending all of these?"

I shook my head in disbelief, "Who hasn't? There's: Dalton, Ethan, Pete, Lana, Ricky, Madison, Kiara, Nevaeh, Hayden, and a few more, I don't even remember all of them. Ricky's sent two so far, control your brother Y/N." She just giggled, making me smile.

"I don't know, I'm kind of hoping you and him get together." She admitted with a grin, my stomach doing flips the longer I looked at her, she was effortlessly gorgeous. When what she said settled in my head, I grew nauseous, the flips growing more violent, "You want me and Ricky together? Most people would hate their brother getting with your best friend."

She shrugged, "I ship you two, I didn't at first but I see it now. You two would be cute together!"

I slammed the sliding door, scowling at her.

"We can go on a double date. You and Ricky with Nick and I, I can pick you up and we can all carpool together." She smiled, making plans for us without my permission. I wasn't interested in the brother, I want the sister.

"Not gonna happen Y/N." I told her as I took my seat, picking at my food.

Things got quiet so I spoke up again, "What're your plans for today?"

This time she shrugged, "I'm not sure, Nick hasn't said anything to me. I'll probably make dinner and we'll have sex, that's about as far as our dates go."

I wanted to throw up, picturing someone other than me inside of her.

Thankfully I was interrupted by my receptionist again or I might've said something she wouldn't have liked. "Stop with the flowers please, I'm begging you at this point." I told Leah as she brought in yet another bouquet along with a box of chocolates.

"They specifically requested you read the note."

I thanked her, sending her on her way before taking a look at the note.

"'I hope you're doing well, Happy Valentine's Day. Let me take you to dinner tonight preferably but I'll take a rain check if you want. - D'" I read aloud, watching Y/N roll her eyes.

"Don't tell me that's from who I think it is." I remained silent, answering her question. She hates my ex more than I do. I reassured her that I wouldn't text him despite him leaving his new number on the back of the card.

"Just leave it alone, I got you a gift," I told her as I set the vase on the floor, keeping the note on my desk as I grabbed the CD for her, 'Y/N' with a heart was written on it. It was a playlist I had made her containing different songs that she loved and ones that reminded me of her. There was one that I wrote for her and recorded, it was me admitting my feelings for her and wanting to ruin our friendship.

"I call it 'When I think about you'."

I handed her the disk, watching her smile grow wider with each passing second.

"I just got one of those CD players at the thrift store, that's perfect timing. I'll have something to listen to on it now. Thank you." She immediately pulled me into a hug, rubbing my back as we swayed softly. "You're such a great friend Ariana, I don't know what I'd do without you." She mumbled into my shoulder, "Me neither Y/N."

We eventually pulled away and she handed me a card, "I wasn't sure if we were doing gifts but I got you a card anyway. You can read it now if you want, but my lunch is over so I have to go. I'll call you after my shift?" She gathered her things and waited for me to reply, "Yeah--Yeah call me later, I've gotta get back to work." She nodded quickly and left, not looking back after she walked out.

I took a seat at my desk, opening up the card and reading it.

'The day I met you, I forgot about my life before you and I don't ever want to go back. You're one of the best things to happen to me and I hope you continue to happen for the rest of my life. You're my best friend and my favorite person. I hope we meet in every lifetime, I love you, Ariana.'

-

My first love telling me that last sentence is my roman empire. I feel sick.