8. Prince Charming and the Evil Witch of Azkaban

As Haerin continued on her way, she tried to dismiss the faint voices she overheard, focusing instead on joining her teammates at the Seoul Bistro. However, her ears perked up when she heard the familiar voice saying, "Get off me, please!"

Haerin froze, her heart skipping a beat as she recognized the voice-it was Danielle's. Without a second thought, she followed the sound, her curiosity mingled with concern.

As she rounded the corner, her eyes widened at the sight before her. Leeseul, the star player of the rival team, had Danielle pinned against the wall, her face inches away from Danielle's, her intentions unmistakable. Danielle's eyes widened in alarm, her hands pushing against Leeseul's chest in a futile attempt to create distance between them.

"No, Leeseul, stop," Danielle pleaded, her voice trembling with fear and discomfort. "I told you I only see you as a friend, nothing more."

But Leeseul remained undeterred, her expression stubborn as she leaned in closer, ignoring Danielle's protests. "I can change your mind," she insisted, her voice dripping with arrogance as she attempted to kiss her again.

Haerin's blood boiled with anger at the blatant disregard for Danielle's boundaries. Without a moment's hesitation, she rushed forward, her voice ringing out in a firm command.

"Hey, back off!" Haerin's voice cut through the tension, commanding attention as she stepped between Leeseul and Danielle, placing herself squarely in their path.

Leeseul's eyes flashed with irritation as she turned her attention to Haerin, her expression defiant. "And who are you to interfere?" she snapped, her tone tinged with arrogance. "Mind your own business, Haerin," she spat.

But Haerin stood her ground, she met Leeseul's gaze head-on, her own eyes blazing with determination. "This is my business when someone's harassing my girl," she retorted, her voice firm and unwavering.

Danielle's eyes widened in surprise, her initial shock giving way to a mixture of gratitude and astonishment. She hadn't expected Haerin to come to her rescue, let alone refer to her as "my girl."

Leeseul's expression twisted with surprise and irritation at being thwarted, but she couldn't hide her astonishment at Haerin's bold declaration. The unexpected turn of events left her momentarily speechless, her arrogance momentarily faltering in the face of Haerin's unwavering determination.

But Haerin didn't give Leeseul a chance to respond. With a firm grip on Danielle's hand, she pulled her away from the confrontation, her steps purposeful as she led them both out of the hallway and away from the unsettling situation.

As they made their way out of the building, Haerin and Danielle still held hands, the warmth of their intertwined fingers a silent reassurance in the aftermath of the tense encounter. It wasn't until they reached the entrance that they both realized their hands were still linked, their gazes meeting in mutual awkwardness.

Haerin quickly withdrew her hand, a faint blush tinting her cheeks as she cleared her throat. "Sorry, I... didn't mean to overstep," she murmured, her voice tinged with embarrassment.

Danielle shook her head, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips. "No, it's okay. Thank you, Haerin," she replied softly, her gratitude evident in her tone.

As they walked, Haerin couldn't shake the concern gnawing at her. "Are you okay?" she asked, her voice filled with genuine concern.

Danielle hesitated for a moment, her gaze flickering away before she met Haerin's eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just... shaken up," she admitted, her voice tinged with vulnerability.

Haerin's heart ached at the sight of a tear forming in Danielle's eyes. Without a second thought, she shrugged off her jacket and draped it over Danielle's shoulders, offering her a comforting smile.