Chapter One

Ariana's POV:

While I waited outside in the now pouring rain for Y/N to come out, I texted the group chat to make sure tonight's plans were still happening. It's Y/N's 25th birthday and I wanted everything to be perfect, she deserved nothing less than that.

The plan is dinner, I'm picking the birthday girl up and heading to the restaurant her parents insisted she'd love. Seven had rolled around and everybody is supposed to be there already, supposed to, so when I got a call from her boyfriend, Nick, I was upset. Y/N's boyfriend unfortunately has a knack for showing up late or not all, ruining everyone's evening, which is why I didn't want to invite him, but I was outvoted by the rest of the girls.

"You have literally one job, and it's to show up on time Nicolas, why the fuck is it so difficult for you to follow the simplest of tasks?" I asked, wanting to wrap my hands around his neck at the current moment.

I spazzed out on the other line of the phone when he didn't respond, "Hello? Say something?"

Silence.

I hung up, wishing I gave him the wrong address.

Camila called me shortly after, "Where is he?"

I shrugged as if she could see me, "I have no idea, he didn't say anything after he called me. Just don't let him in, tell the host that he isn't welcomed at our table." Camila sighed on the other end.

Myself, Camila, Courtney, and Y/N's Brother organized tonight's entire event, Nick didn't bother to text us back when we asked for his input on anything, it's like he forgot about his girlfriend's birthday, either that or he doesn't care enough to put effort.

"Ariana, you can't do that. That's her boyfriend."

Rolling my eyes I said, "But they're going to argue over this, I know her. She's gonna bring it up, he's gonna talk shit until she drops it." It was an endless cycle that Y/N was stuck in.

"I agree with you, one hundred percent but again, it's her boyfriend we're talking about here. She loves him and we love her, he should be here." Camila explained, and I sighed heavily, knowing she was right.

"He should know better, but he doesn't."

I turned around, facing the road, "I could treat her better."

"Treat who better?"

The rain had suddenly stopped.

My eyes went wide and I heard Camila giggling on the other end. I turned back to face the Apartment doors, sliding my phone down my cheek as I did so. Quickly, I hung up my phone and gave all my attention to the beauty in front of me.

I was mesmerized, staring in awe at the woman walking toward me. The soft moonlight lit up her flawless skin, causing my breath to get caught in my throat. My eyes glanced over her facial features at least a million times, her eyes beginning to hypnotize me, reminding me of my favorite color every time I looked at her. They're brown, reminding me of Autumn, filled with depth and warmth. My gaze fell to her lips, watching them curl into a grin that made me weak.

It was only when the rain hit my face that I realized I was staring, taking my focus away from her as I wiped my forehead.

She took a few steps closer to my car, managing to smile even wider when seen me.

I extended my hand out for her to take which she did, letting me twirl her around once.

"You look," I paused, taking the moment to take in her attire, starting from the 6-inch black heels with red bottoms, my eyes trailed upward, eyeing the slit in her dress that showed off the Dragon that started near her knee, ending near her ribs. The black dress she wore was strapless, leaving her chest to show, a tattoo of a spider resting just above her right collarbone. "Absolutely ravenous." I finished, running my thumb across her knuckles as we stood in silence.