My Birthday

Happy birthday, Arial" Gloria wished me

"Happy birthday Arial," the others said

I'm celebrating my 26th birthday and I'm excited. My friends have done well for me, and although it's not a large party, it holds a place in my heart.

After cutting the cake and receiving gifts from my friends, patral my best friend helped to arrange them.

"Cheers to your new age," everyone wished as we raised our glasses together.

"Arial" why are you not having a drink? Pearl my colleague asked.

"Sorry girl I don't drink," I said to Pearl

Oh really? Please don't tell me you're serious she said laughing.

"Yes I'm very serious "

"Come on girl, you're 26 and you've never tasted alcohol?? She asked becoming a bit serious.

"Girl believe me you've been missing a lot if that's the case.

"Really? I asked confused as to how not taking alcohol meant I was missing a lot.

Yes, Arial. Pearl replied.

"But anyways don't worry, just permit me to walk you through the fun of taking alcohol you'll have me to thank for the longest time."

"Oh please pearl, not today. Jovian Pearl's best friend said to her.

Sometimes I wonder how their friendship lasted for this long, Jovian is very calm and reserved while Pearl on the other hand is just a crazy fellow.. Lol

But just somewhere in between, they complement each other.

"She's our shy and calm girl" Patral my best friend told her. I snapped out of my thoughts and chuckled.

" You have to drink today besides it's your birthday. " Pearl repeated.

"No" Patral my Best friend replied.

As Pearl was coming to make me take a sip from her glass I got and call and excused myself.

"This is not an escape, I'm waiting," she said as I walked away to find a quiet place to answer my call due to the loud music playing.  It's a party anyway.

I had many thoughts in my head as I tried to find reasons why "she" would be calling me, that's my aunt.

"Maybe she wants to say happy birthday," a tiny voice in my head said and I refused to believe it.

Pushing all my thoughts aside I picked the call.

" Hello Arial, I want to see you home in less than an hour.

"Huh," I scoffed then I asked her "Come home and do what?" the call ended.

Turning,  I noticed Patral my best friend, standing beside me.

"Arial are you good?" She asked with concern.

"Yes I am but I have to go home immediately, it's urgent".