The office affair

Dannys POV

During our chat, I noticed Davian's gaze shift elsewhere. Curious, I followed suit and saw an enchanting woman gracefully approaching Davian and me. Davian introduced her as his wife, leaving me in awe. The notorious, charismatic CEO of New York was finally tying the knot! I struggled to believe it, given Davian's flirtatious history. As Miss Arial entered the office, I couldn't read the emotions in his eyes. It wasn't love or hate—I knew my friend too well for that. In just two days, things happened so quickly that even I, his best friend, didn't know. I was curious. This time, it was obvious that my best friend was planning something, and whatever it was, I hoped he would eventually tell me the whole story. I hope we make it through whatever comes our way.

Flashback***

On that memorable Friday night in June 2022, the thumping beats of club music reverberated through the air. I stood near the entrance of the clubhouse, my eyes scanning the crowd for a glimpse of my friend, Davian.

Just minutes earlier, he had urgently called me, his voice filled with desperation. "Hi, Danny," he pleaded, "I need you at Color Me Wild right away."

The name resonated—it was one of the largest clubs in New York, a favorite haunt of Avian. I peered into the dimly lit space, searching for Davian's familiar face. But he wasn't there. Just as I was about to dial his number, one of his bodyguards approached me.

"Follow me," he instructed, leading me away from the pulsating music. "He's at Avian's hotel."

The Avians, not only owned vast real estate in New York but also had a stake in the city's hotel industry.

I wondered why Davian sounded so strange on the phone. Mr. Sam Avian's favorite driver pulled up to the hotel entrance, and one of the guards held the door for me as I stepped out. He guided me to Avian's suite. Usually, Avian prefers the top-floor room, Suite 506, but this time the elevator stopped on the 8th floor, and he led me to Room 314. Suddenly, my heart raced. He held the door open as I entered, then closed it behind us. There, my friend sat at the round table, sniffing something. At that moment, I realized we were in serious trouble. My friend isn't a regular cocaine user, but he only indulges when he's about to do something dangerous. I let him continue until he finally noticed me. His eyes were bloodshot.

"Bro, what happened?" I asked.

"I wasted that ba*tard he yelled!"

I didn't need to ask who the ba*tard  was; I already knew. As one of the wealthiest and most influential figures in New York City, we have rivals, and Derick Francis is one of them. His father was a notorious mafia boss, and that son of a bi*ch is always after my friend Davian. They're both vying for control of the city's largest hotels.

"I remember that day clearly. Derick and his notorious gang walked into the club. He demanded that my friend give up his favorite spot, the VIP area. When my friend refused, chaos erupted. Derick's gang clashed with Davian's gang, and shots were fired. Over six people were injured. I tried to convince my friend Davian to stop going to the 'Color Me Wild' club, but he insisted he wouldn't abandon his favorite hangout for that young upstart Derick.

"I know my friend very well, so I stopped asking him to stop going to the Color Me Wild club till this day.

I exclaimed, 'How did this happen?' Because I already knew that Davian was in serious trouble.

He replied, 'You know me, I tried to avoid this mess, I tried to avoid that troublemaker, but he persisted.

Confused, I asked, "What should we do now?"

"Dude, the job is done, but George is going to take the blame. Everything has been arranged. Maybe the police have already reached the club and taken him by now. Davian explained further.