Chapter Three

Third-Person's POV

The Chief of Police walks into the vault and nods to the chocolate rivals, "Good evening, gentlemen. I've brought my invoice. One chocolatier moved on for the usual fee," A woman came over and snatched it out of his hand when he held up the invoice, "Here we go, baby. There's the good stuff. Yeah." Slugworth hummed, "Tell me, Chief...How would you like to earn a few more of those?" The Chief smiled, "Oh, I am listening." Slugworth nodded, "We think that Mr. Wonka might require a little more than simply moving on. He's good." Prodnose hissed, "Too good." 

Fickelgruber squinted his eyes, "And what's more, he only charges a sovereign a chocolate. So anyone can afford them, even the...You know, the..." The Chief offered an answer, "The poor?" Fickelgruber gagged, "Oh, dear. I've just been a little bit sick in my mouth. Could you please refrain from mentioning that demographic in my presence?" Prodnose explained, "He doesn't like it when people say 'poor'." Fickelgruber gagged once more and Prodnose apologized, "Sorry, Felix."

Slugworth got back on topic, "We want you to send Wonka a message." Prodnose nodded, "Backed up by physical force." Slugworth narrowed his eyes, "That if he attempts to sell chocolate in this town again, he's liable to meet with a little accident. And to add icing to the cake, Miss Liliana has developed an interest in Mr. Wonka. We have been cautious when it comes to Miss Liliana and her admirers. Felix has already displayed interest in our darling food critic and we can't let Wonka take her from all of Felix's hard work. After all these years of supplying chocolate to you in return for getting rid of the men who are interested in Miss Liliana, we ask you to do it once more." 

Prodnose, "In which he doesn't leave, he dies." The Chief nodded, "I got that already." Felix looked at Prodnose, "You don't have to keep saying it." Prodnose looked upset, "I'm just making sure we're all on the same page." Felix muttered, "Well, no one's on your page." Prodnose raised his voice, "What's that supposed to mean? Well, I know what it means...Actually, what does it mean?" Slugworth cut them off, "Gentlemen, please. So, what do you say, Chief? Do we have a deal?" The Chief smiled hesitantly, "Well, listen, fellas, I'm an officer of the law. I can't just go around roughin' up your competition and disposing of Miss Liliana's possible husbands. I'm sorry." 

Slugworth stared at him, "Well now, Chief. I can see that you're a man of integrity." The Chief smiled as he sat on the couch, "Thank you." Slugworth grinned, "But ask yourself this...Have you got a sweet tooth?" The chief nodded, "I do." Slugworth smirked, "A hunger that you have to feed?" Felix joined in, "Have you got a sweet tooth?" Chief looked confused, "I do." Felix smirked, "Well, we've got everything you need." Prodnose appeared from behind the couch, "Don't give me that conscience nonsense." All three of them continued, "It's simply. Quid pro quo." Slugworth smiled and gestured behind him, "So, a hundred of your favorites.." The Chief shook his head and stood up, "Sorry, I'm afraid it's no. Promised the wife I'd cut down on chocolate. You know, I gotta get in shape for the Policeman's Ball, so..."

Prodnose and Felix appeared in front of him, "But think about your sweet tooth." The Chief sounded exasperated, "I do. I've had it since I was a boy." Slugworth stepped out from behind the Chief, "Your naughty little sweet tooth." The Chief looked ashamed, "It's true." Slugworth continued, "The only thing that brings you joy." All three of them circled the Chief, "Don't look at your waistline. It's fine!" The Chief sighed, "Come on!" The three of them shrugged, "Who needs to see their toes?" Slugworth smirked and held out his hand for a shake, "So seven hundred boxes?" The Chief whistled and slowly raised his hand to shake, "That's a lot of chocolates...No!" 

The three of them twirled the Chief around and Slugworth pointed at his watch, "Gentlemen, let's give it the big sell or Felix will lose his bride." The lights changed colors and they started to do a dance number together, "Have you got a sweet tooth? Me, too." The Chief held out his hands, "Fellas." The chocolatiers started tap dancing, "Have you for the hots for chocs?" The Chief nodded, "I do, really. Yeah." They continued dancing, "Do you think that candy's dandy?" The Chief nodded, "Oh, yeah." The three danced around the Chief, "Well, we've got lots and lots and lots and lots and lots-" The Chief joined in, "Why am I singing?" They all sung, "If the wife's complaining." The Chief added, "Body-shaming." Felix softly added and handed the Chief a card, "It's amazing what a tailor can conceal." 

The Chief took the card, "Keep your wretched chocolates." Slugworth smirked, "Eighteen hundred boxes?" The Chief immediately nodded, "Oh, deal." Slugworth and the Chief shook hands.